PDA

View Full Version : Define a Foreman/Team Leader

MarcusLndscp
01-20-2006, 11:51 PM
I'm going to post this in a couple different places........

For those of you in the hardscape forum, what do you expect from your foreman/crew leaders? How much project management is expected from them? How much do they deal with clients? Coordinating subs and their work? Scheduling? Long term forecasting of time frames for project completion? Scheduling materials? Watching the budget/mHrs? Scheduling work and the interactions of different divisions of the company?

Does your company have different levels of foreman/leaders? Senior foreman, junior foreman, assistants????

When you've defined your requirements of a foreman for you (if you don't mind my asking) what kind of pay scale,perks and benefits do you provide them in compensation for the performance they provide the company? We're currently analyzing ourselves and are just curious where we stand as a company within the Construction/Green Industry.

Any input or thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you
MarcusLndscp

mbella
01-21-2006, 12:27 AM
I'm going to post this in a couple different places........

For those of you in the hardscape forum, what do you expect from your foreman/crew leaders? How much project management is expected from them? How much do they deal with clients? Coordinating subs and their work? Scheduling? Long term forecasting of time frames for project completion? Scheduling materials? Watching the budget/mHrs? Scheduling work and the interactions of different divisions of the company?

Does your company have different levels of foreman/leaders? Senior foreman, junior foreman, assistants????

When you've defined your requirements of a foreman for you (if you don't mind my asking) what kind of pay scale,perks and benefits do you provide them in compensation for the performance they provide the company? We're currently analyzing ourselves and are just curious where we stand as a company within the Construction/Green Industry.

Any input or thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you
MarcusLndscp

Marc, get to the point. Are you up for review and you what to know how much leverage you have???

Seriously, I'm small, two hardscape crews last year, so take it for what it's worth.

I generate the leads and complete the estimates and sales for all hardscaping.

Last year, the foreman was responsible for following my layout, dealing with the customer on day to day things (storage of materials, cleanliness, communicating issues to me, etc.), communicating timing and flow of materials with me and completing the job within budgeted man hours.

That's about it. Like I said, I have a much smaller operation than what the operation you work for appears to be.

If you want to come to PA, I'll make you an offer you can't refuse.:)

I almost forgot. Last years package was $16.50-$19.00 per hour, holidays, medical benefits, paid vacation and finally, (I don't know how you place a dollar value on this) the pleasure of working with me.

I can offer the right person more, but it just wasn't there last year.

MarcusLndscp
01-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Come on now you all have foremen working for or with you......let's hear some more responses here. How about from some of the big guys? Uniscaper, Rex.....whomever else. I've worked for companies of 15-20 people 40-50, 80-100, and 125-150. They each had different ways of operations and responsibilities for different people simply because of the type and quality of people that were available in their respective areas.

MarcusLndscp
01-24-2006, 04:07 PM
Mike,
Because it's you I would work for you for free. I know it would be a priceless opportunity. Can I do your dishes too?

cgland
01-24-2006, 11:19 PM
Now you are just stepping on toes Marcus! The dishwashing is done by me and ONLY me!

Chris

MarcusLndscp
01-25-2006, 08:36 AM
ROTFLMAO Chris! Sorry about that!