PDA

View Full Version : Define a Foreman/Team Leader

MarcusLndscp
01-20-2006, 10:56 PM
I'm going to post this in a couple different places........

For those of you in the business management forum, what do you expect from your foreman/crew leaders? How much project management is expected from them? How much do they deal with clients? Coordinating subs and their work? Scheduling? Long term forecasting of time frames for project completion? Scheduling materials? Watching the budget/mHrs? Scheduling work and the interactions of different divisions of the company?

Does your company have different levels of foreman/leaders? Senior foreman, junior foreman, assistants????

When you've defined your requirements of a foreman for you (if you don't mind my asking) what kind of pay scale,perks and benefits do you provide them in compensation for the performance they provide the company? We're currently analyzing ourselves and are just curious where we stand as a company within the Construction/Green Industry.

Any input or thoughts are appreciated.

Thank you
MarcusLndscp

Lawnmasters
01-22-2006, 09:59 AM
I would love to have a foreman who would do all those things. Problem is, there aren't any out there. NO ONE will do what you will do for your own company, and it doesn't matter how much you pay them. My foreman has been with me for 10 years, he's the best employee I have ever had. But, he is still just an employee. What I pay everyone I hire is based on what they can do for me. I tell them all that they set their pay scale. The less I have to do, the more you are worth to me. Pay scale will be set by your local area anyway, as far as what the labor market will set.

Good luck, hope you find a good one.

MarcusLndscp
01-24-2006, 03:03 PM
I would agree that there are not many people out that would do the same as the owner, although I feel there may be a small percentage. Some people have the passion and desire to do so, unfortunately most don't. If you like what you do you tend to care more about the end results and the day to day routine of where you're at what you're doing.
So will you pay me $75 dollars an hour? :rolleyes: just kidding

AintNoFun
01-24-2006, 05:50 PM
my def. of a foreman is someone who makes the most money outta the crew, does the least work and the most bitching... those are my foremans.. hopefully this year i will have all happy to be working broken english speaking employees and things will go smooth..