PDA

View Full Version : Spring Promotions

rbriggs
01-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Do any of you guys/gals have ideas of Spring Promotions that you have used in the past. I want to hit the ground running in March when our busy season really begins.
I was thinking of sending out some type of promotion to past clients, but need some catchy ideas for a mailing, coupon, discount, etc. I want to rock and roll this year!!!
I'll listen to any ideas.
-Rich

nobagger
01-21-2006, 01:31 PM
I run an ad in the Talking Phone Book that gives 10% off any spring clean up or landscaping job over $200.00. The other ad I run is in a local paper that basically says the same thing. The ad in the paper,-GREAT responses. The ad in the phone book,-too early to tell. But I don't think I'm going to waste my money in the phone book next year for any big ads, just a phone number in a couple of headings.

J Hisch
01-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Being in your business i Guess there is not alot of repeat customers unless they are just a pack rat. But contacting them for a future clients is a great idea.

You could hit it up like this "help a friend out tell them about 1-800 Got junk and when you do, recieve 2 free movie tickets and dinner for 2.

Or offer free carwashes at a local carwash of course
Any thing different than just so much off. Or you could refund up to a certain amount back to them for the new job. say 20 bucks back for every refferal. I catch alot of heat beacue we give free stuff away all the time. however instead of advertising budget this is where my money is spent. We shoot for one refferal a year per customer. we continue to grow though this method year after year.

kc2006
01-21-2006, 04:50 PM
I agree with J Hisch that your going to be looking for new customers and not repeat.

So working with that I would try to get referrals by offering a free service of some other sort. The fact that you haul junk away your somewhat of a cleaning business. Ok so the people that had you haul junk away maybe they want carpets cleaned, drapes cleaned (we got alot of drapery cleaners here), walls painted in their house, pressure washing (I just cleaned my house so I'm working with this thought. I started by just sweeping the carpet, then I started going through stuff throwing old junk away, then I started to dust, now I'm in a cleaning kick and want to paint a couple rooms...see where I'm going with this all). Try to team up with other service providers to accomplish this.

Or just offer gift certificates. I offer $50 in free service to customers for referrals, this is easier for me since the cost is alot less then $50. If you were to buy gift certificates I'd offer less like 25 or 30 dollars.

kc2006
01-21-2006, 05:01 PM
I was just looking through one of my marketing books and saw a good idea.

Contests. You don't see contests done too much with a service business, mostly retail business' do this.

Have your referral program set up, but as an extra incentive have a contest. People love contests and always want to win something. As they said in the book you could have, shopping spree contests, a drawing for tickets (nice restaurant, sports, concert), offer a drawing to have another cleaning service done and you could co-offer this with another company, you would pay their cost to have the service done and in return your promoting their business too.

Its a good little idea I think. Just figured I'd toss that idea out there too

rbriggs
01-21-2006, 10:42 PM
Actually, 26% of our jobs booked last year were as a result of repeat clients.. That being said, i do believe there is some value in focusing on our current client list for this promotion. We do direct mailing to non-customers all year long, so that area also gets it's share of attention.

Green-Pro
01-21-2006, 10:58 PM
Not so much of a spring promotion but I've been getting together with some other local business owners (carpet cleaning service, Pizza parlor). The carpet cleaner and I will stuff our invoice/statement envelopes with each others promotional material. The pizza place and I will share the cost of the printed fliers they put on delivery boxes, they will promote his business and mine offering a free dessert pizza (we share this cost as well) with purchase of a chemical lawn application.
We have rolled out a referral program but the offerings are tied to our services, that is one of the potential rewards is one cubic yard of double ground hardwood mulch. That really doesn't cover much thereby pushing them into buying additional mulch. Another is a free fert application for referral, want this to push them into weed control and possibly season long applications. Also offer just the vanilla free mow service for referral.

Kurt the contest idea is a good one may have to put that to use in promoting seasonal displays.