PDA

View Full Version : Creating Door Hangers and flyers

TPnTX
01-21-2006, 07:09 PM
I wanted to get opinons on advertising specifically door hangers and flyers. Do you think you'd get peoples attention more by being "professional" and "proper" in terms of graphics and style or do you think something more humorous or cute would get better results.

Here is something I've just started working on. What do you think? too cool or too gay?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/tpntx/logo/test.jpg

mcwlandscaping
01-21-2006, 07:45 PM
I don't know about it still lookin at it as it is truly original, but, if you do it, then i would make the company name stand out a little more on there. Just my .02, i think it is pretty funny though! Might work!

RonB
01-21-2006, 07:49 PM
Don't take this personally but, I'd hardly call those drawings "people". If you want to go with that idea why not get some friends to pose in those activities and photograph them from the back, to protect their identity.

Maybe a guy and his son standing on a pond bank fishing, you shooting from behind. Or a guy cooking out, but show just the hand holding the poker flippin a burger .. the golfer from behind in full swing ..

photos would be better than drawing, more professional for sure - imo.

kc2006
01-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Its too plain. That could be a very good advertisement if you had something to make it more professional looking. Same pictures but somehow make it look like a nice professional (professional as in a professional graphic design company made it) design and have your company name, number, website, logo whatever on the bottom. Too much white to make it look good.

TPnTX
01-21-2006, 09:52 PM
that was simply to illustrate the jest of it. I'm not done.

I would use that as part of a flyer or hanger. It's a direction or idea. Maybe not a good one but thats why I posted it.

And Ron I'm not taking it personally again thats why I asked. none the less wtf....cleary they aren't real people. They are cartoons

RonB
01-21-2006, 10:37 PM
lol - that was my point. You are refering to your customers as cartoon characters. Maybe it's a good idea, I just wouldn't do that.

The personal thing was in case you did the drawings.

good luck

gqnine44
01-21-2006, 11:05 PM
IMHO If you do the postcard do NOT use real pictures. Cartoons are much better. Just make your logo stand out at the bottom, put some kind of an offer on the back and give them a shot.

bigviclbi
01-22-2006, 01:05 AM
I made some truly kick ass doorhangers all color and glossy at 48hourprint.com. It took one night for me to get the text looking good but they are aesome.I had a great response rate from them and they have stock pictures you can use.

TPnTX
01-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Ron your cracking me up. 1st you'd hardly call those line art drawings people 2nd you think customers would be offended being illustrated by line art . This may be hard to convey in a post. I'm not pissed or offended. I just think your confused.

Don't take this personal but do Clowns scare you? :) I'm just yanking your chain man. You take door hanger way too serious.

gqnine44 I agree you'd spend some bucks doing 4 color printing so pics out.

Bigviclbi, I'd like to see what you got. I'm assuming when you say all color you don't mean photo quality.

I was looking at doorhangers.com they have a special
right now 5000 2 color for 189.00 another 99 will buy 5000 more or an upgrade.

I use publisher for most stuff.

lawn gonzo
01-22-2006, 05:40 PM
Hey, I love it! Maybe not as the whole idea your trying to push to your potential customers, but as an aside, maybe on the back of a door hanger. Have the main body of your message on the front, then this on the back, I just might steal this idea!!!!! Only thing I would change is, have the question on the very top, the illustration, then the answer on the bottom (your biz name). BTW, I wouldn't want a customer who would be offended by something like this!!!!

TPnTX
01-22-2006, 06:16 PM
you know what Gonzo that is an excellent idea. The doorhangers.com special is actually one color on the back 2 on front. This would probably work.

Around here there are 5-6 golf courses and a huge lake. Activity wise these pretty realistic.