PDA

View Full Version : Pro Lockers

OnMyOwn
01-22-2006, 12:17 AM
I am thinking about ProLockers vs. straps and tie down anchors. The cost is substantially more, but is it worth it in the long run?

P & L Turf
01-22-2006, 01:38 AM
Personally, I've never used them myself,but the people that I've seen with them, swear by them. I'm thinking about switching to those this year and maybe get a set for the quads to.:cool:

ProLockers
01-22-2006, 01:42 AM
OnMyOwn
great question, they will definetly save$$ time is money, fast and secure ,
but in reality liability unsecure is pure riske and equipment damage stinks.
Please call 772-2229-1690

Mark

indy2tall
01-22-2006, 09:24 AM
I am thinking about ProLockers vs. straps and tie down anchors. The cost is substantially more, but is it worth it in the long run?

The cost is higher for sure but once you actually hold one in your hands you will understand why it is one of the best things you can buy for your business. First, they are built to last FOREVER!!! There is no skimping to save money anywhere on this product. Secondly, it will save you a lot of TIME since it only takes about 10 seconds to reach down and unlock your mower and another 10 seconds to lock it up when your done. Third, you avoid Murphy's Law of LCO's, that being the one time that you skip strapping your mower so you can get to the next home quicker the cops stop you and give you a ticket for unsecured equipment or worse you have an accident and your mower goes flying off your trailer.

mowerman90
01-22-2006, 09:30 AM
I just bought one to secure my Super Z. I can honestly say that you would be a fool to use any other method. It's quick and easy and it does what it's supossed to do. If you need to haul mulch or stone in your trailer you can pull just one pin and remove the unit in seconds. I think they're a great investment.

G.M.Landscaping
01-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Look what I just won on Ebay:p :blob1: Look at the price, and I only live 20 minutes from there so no shipping:waving:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7739201813&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

mcwlandscaping
01-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Look what I just won on Ebay:p :blob1: Look at the price, and I only live 20 minutes from there so no shipping:waving:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7739201813&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1
Less than 4 bucks!!!!hahahaha, good deal there!

Bulldog26
01-28-2006, 12:54 AM
You have to be kidding!!!!! Great buy!!
bt

JBird
01-28-2006, 03:46 AM

G.M.,
I sure hope you get it, (your seller has a score of ZERO if you check his history on feedback and selling). But listen, even if you get stiffed on your big investment, you really should buy a set. I have them on all my units, ab-so-lute-ly great. A couple things to consider is make sure you get the right model for the size tire you have. ex. the unit that I use for my exmark xs will not really keep the 737 tire in securely. I mean it'll fit and hold but if something happened I wouldn't have faith it would hold, because the tire size is so much smaller on the deer. with older walk behinds you really have to ask the dealer. It won't work on my Gravely hydro pro, (front wheel to close to the deck to allow the rear of the locker to rise up and lock into place and the rear tires are to close to the hydro's). If you take the time to match your equipment to your prolocker, I think it's some of the best money I've spent. I've even bought them as a gift for my brother. Good luck. It beats the heck out of straps anyday!

GrassBustersLawn
01-28-2006, 11:47 AM
I got a set last year. One for the 36" walkbehind and one for the 60" lazer.

It took maybe an hour to install them. You have to drill 2 sets of 4 holes. Problem is they have to be STRAIGHT & not run into metal framing on the BOTTOM of the trailer. Took some lining up as my 1st, 2nd & 3rd choices weren't available.

Once installed it takes 2 seconds to latch & unlatch. Don't have to worry about them moving during a sharp/fast turn, losing them in an accident, or most likely getting a ticket from the cops for not be restrained. They are much more convenient and secure than strapping them like I used to do.

Even at FULL PRICE it is worth the investment IMHO.

M

G.M.Landscaping
01-28-2006, 12:17 PM
G.M.,
I sure hope you get it, (your seller has a score of ZERO if you check his history on feedback and selling).
I came across this auction with only 7 minutes left and it was at .50
I waited until the last second and bid $25. Turns out it's from Penn hills rental. They all know me there, and the seller is a great guy. A place that I've spent $1,000's on new equipment and repairs over the years. I'm picking it up monday.

JBird
01-30-2006, 10:54 AM
Funny thing is I went for my DOT compliance audit and the DOT Officer had NEVER heard of them. He wanted me to drop off some sale ads on them so he could check them out.

GrassBustersLawn
01-30-2006, 10:59 AM
Funny thing is I went for my DOT compliance audit and the DOT Officer had NEVER heard of them. He wanted me to drop off some sale ads on them so he could check them out.

That doesn't surprise me. Around here the officers will tell you that it depends on who stops you. The State Police supposedly know the regs while the city, county & other cops may not know of it (need for D.O.T. compliance) at all.

Mike

ProLockers
01-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Hey Guy's
Important ProLockers are clasified as a cargo securement system (Not Tie downs wich require 4 points of contact) FMCSA Federal Register 49CFR 393.102 cargo securement systems be capable of withstanding the following three forces, applied separately;
1. 0.8g deceleration in the forward direction;
2. 0.5g acceleration in the rearward direction; and
3. 0.5g acceleration in a lateral direction;
ProLockers meet and exceed these requirements up to 1500lbs with equipment desighed with a low center of gravity (lawn equipment ect.)

P.S. any questions Please call 772-229-1690 or post;
Thanks
Mark Kenny

Signature Landscaping1
01-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Will prolockers fit a 48'' Lesco w/b?

ProLockers
01-30-2006, 11:40 AM
Yes You need a model pe-wl 200

The mayor
01-30-2006, 11:48 AM
What about the back of the mower. Will it drift around on the trailer from going over bumps.

ProLockers
01-30-2006, 11:57 AM
No we have done many over the road testing in some pretty radical drivving conditions very extreme. except smooth metal trailer deck wet or oily they would slide in major turns not in normal drivving conditions.

Sybran
01-30-2006, 12:04 PM
Do you have a website??

OnMyOwn
01-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Hey Mark,

I tried to PM you on this question, but your setup does not allow private messages.

I am very interested in ProLockers for my new trailer and mowers. The only thing holding me back right now is the $$$. (off season, and all).

I have a new Big Tex 16' landscape trailer that I would like to configure with the mowers and ProLockers.

My mowers consist of: Gravely 260Z, Gravely 1548 prosteer hydro, John Deere 54" quick track (surfer) and a John Deere 36" gear drive WB.

Could you let me know which mowers take which ProLockers. I would like to know if any of them will be usable on multiple mowers, and how much $$$ I might be looking at including shipping.

Finally, one of the guys on the thread stated he could not attach his Gravely ProSteer using a ProLocker. Is this true?

Thanks for your time,

On My Own

ProLockers
01-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Let me take that back im sure in the right situation heavy turn good bump you will get some action. I read a post not to long ago were some one using prolockers hit a major! and when he stoped there was a 5gal bucket of fertalizer under his Z and he had to jack up the mower to get it out that had to be a extreme bump, good part prolocker did it's job mower was fine

BufalinoLand
01-30-2006, 12:45 PM
where do I get the best price on pro lockers

ProLockers
01-30-2006, 12:52 PM
at your dealer if not available contact www.prolockers.com or 772-229-1690

ProLockers
01-31-2006, 03:00 PM
On My Own
your gravley z John deere quick trac you need pe-wl 300 your prosteer JDWB pe-wl 200 your prosteer you might have to drill out the locking hole a little to make it work cost is 120$ 15$ freight per unit they all have the same footprint so you can swap them out depending what you are hauling.

P.S. give me a call to discuss
Thanks
Mark Kenny
772-229-1690

lawncuttinfoo
12-05-2006, 05:58 PM
What about the back of the mower. Will it drift around on the trailer from going over bumps.

It probably depends on the mower, Im guessing prolockers was talking about riders. I have owned a prolocker in my TTHP 48" for over a year and when I do my fert route, meaning I am not removing the mower but driving for awhile, after going over so many bumps the mower drifts toward the side of the trialer since that side is the one with the prolocker attached and the mower gets somewhat jamed This makes it impossible to drive the mower straight back to exit the prolocker, so I end up pushing down on the controlls and poping the front end in the air to clear the prolocker and drive forward just enough to straighten the machine out and drive backward.

However During my regular route, (max 12 miles between stops) it does not move enough to be an issue. Additionally I will be purchasing an additional prolocker this off season for my lesco spreader, I just hate reaching under and through the fertilizer dust of the spreader to use tie downs not to mention it takes 1 minute to untie the tie down and 1 minute to attach it, making that 10% of time lost on a 20 min stop which I plan to reduce to 2 seconds next year.

ProLockers
12-08-2006, 05:00 PM
It has been brought to my attention that there were some concerns regarding the use of ProLockers in the state of Michigan. I did some more research on the regulations for the state of Michigan and found the article listed below.

http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1586_1710-80289--,00.html

(once you reach this site, in the search bar enter "cargo securement)

According to the state of Michigan's site, they follow the North American Standard as enforced by the DOT & FMCSA regulations 393.102. These laws are federally mandated. This is what our prolockers testing was based upon so the prolockers product would be a suitable cargo securement system for those of you in Michigan. I just thought I would share this information to alleviate any concerns. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Have a great weekend!

Christina Quintero
ProLawn Equipment Sales, LLC
(772) 229-1690
www.prolockers.com