PDA

View Full Version : Advertising on TV

ztrguy
01-23-2006, 12:53 PM
I'm looking to advertise on our local cable TV channel. I'm sure you have all seen the local listings on cable TV. They give you a 20-30 sec picture clip to advertise. It's relatively cheap and the exposure is really good.

So, what should I put on the ad?

I could put all text for less than $50/month.

If I want to ad a picture it's only $60/month.

I'm thinking of advertising w/ a picture. Does anyone have any ideas? I could put a picture of a nice manicured lawn or maybe a picture of my setup so more ppl will recognize me. Any ideas?

lawnjockey51
01-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Hell if it's only $50 or $60 bucks then I would give it a shot. Nobody has to pick up the paper and look at the ads, all they have to do is watch TV and there you are.

How many times per month would your ad appear?

ztrguy
01-23-2006, 02:50 PM
Just depends on how many ads are on that week. It's just an advertising channel and tons of people watch it. You can have your ad featured and pay more for more exposure on top watched local channels as well, but I thought I would start out this way and see how it goes. Any ides on what kinda picture or text to put in the ad?

procut
01-23-2006, 05:58 PM
For only $60 i'd try it. Heck, that will barely get you a small newspaper ad. Good luck!

mgm
01-24-2006, 04:36 PM
We do not advertise on TV , have a look at our web site - www.onlymowing.com, we would rather have our customers think of things other than yard work.

lawnjockey51
01-24-2006, 05:10 PM
"We do not advertise on TV , have a look at our web site"

So it's a hot July day and George and Martha are sitting around watching JEOPARDY, when all of a sudden this quick ad comes on about your business.

Martha says, "hey George, why don't we give them a call and see what they would charge?" George says, "Hey Martha, that's a good idea. I'm 82 years old and this heat is killing me, maybe it's time we got a lawn service."

My point is this; Many people that hire lawn services are elderly folks that would probably know how to get to your web page if they only would take the time to buy a computer and take a few classes.

Your ad on TV could say the same thing as your web page and reach a hell of a lot more potential customers.

mgm
01-24-2006, 05:41 PM
LAWNJOCKEY51 , point taken , I have a targeted market as reflected in our website , however - if our market conditions change so will we. Also our website is mainly to support our upcoming 100,000 doorhanger distribution campaign.