PDA

View Full Version : Chamber of commerce ?'s

kc2006
01-23-2006, 12:36 PM
I was looking at the local chamber of commerce website today and I checked and theres currently no lawn care companies or landscape companies signed up.

My thought was to sign up with them to hopefully get some commercial attention. Considering theres no other competitors I may have a good chance of gaining business from this. I didn't check how much it would cost yet, if its alot I doubt I'll do it.

Anyone actually get business from their chamber of commerce? Theres 2750 companies in our local.

Thoughts?

olderthandirt
01-23-2006, 12:44 PM
Our chamber has a list of businesses on there web site and you don't have to be a member to get you co. name added.

Yes, I've gotten 3 jobs that I know for sure came from the site

NightScenes
01-23-2006, 12:49 PM
I am the vice president of my chamber. I strongly suggest membership. Not only for business leads but to help your business community. I recommend that you not only join but that you become active in the chamber. Go to the mixers, help set up local events and volunteer whenever you can. This will all come back to you in the end.

JB1
01-23-2006, 01:01 PM
I am the vice president of my chamber. I strongly suggest membership. Not only for business leads but to help your business community. I recommend that you not only join but that you become active in the chamber. Go to the mixers, help set up local events and volunteer whenever you can. This will all come back to you in the end.

Its like he said you will get out of it what you put in, don't just join and expect the business to come , you have to work it.

General Landscaping
01-23-2006, 01:15 PM
So is the chamber of commerce basically a more organized and active form of networking?

olderthandirt
01-23-2006, 03:16 PM
So is the chamber of commerce basically a more organized and active form of networking?

Its a good old boys network. If you been in business long enough and contribute enough tax dollars then your a good ol boy and they take care of there own. Take the money it cost to join and build a web site, you end up with a lot more work from it.

mikefromny
01-23-2006, 03:31 PM
chamber of commerce = waste of time

marionlandscape
01-23-2006, 06:27 PM
I have been a member for a year and plan on staying a member. I can't tell you all the benefits I am getting but some include, saftey council I get a 4% return on my workers comp by joining that, I get group insurance ratings, use of the conference rooms (which I use a lot) also discounts with many of the local businesses, mailing labels to all the members, a monthly news letter which many times I am listed in that, a listing in the directory, also clubs I have joined that are great networking opportunities such as business after hours and the industrial club, I have recieved many referrals as well. I have access to numerous training videos and manuals. if you want to find out if it is a waste of time look at the businesses that are members and the businesses that are not members and ask yourself if someone is smart enough to run a multi-million dollar company are they stupid enough to spend money on a waste of time?