PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Pay Discount?

nherweck
01-24-2006, 12:05 AM
I've been looking for ways to gaurantee X number of customers this year, and I'm thinking of offering a discount to anyone that pre-pays the entire season for the basics plus any other services they know they want that year. What would be a fair percentage and how should I go about advertising this to past customers? I'm thinking a letter...but I'm unsure of how to word it. Thanks again.:waving:

Prolawnservice
01-24-2006, 12:17 AM
We have every customer on a self renewing contract, every year they get a letter in the spring. The letter just says if we are offering anything new and suggest they sign up for other services we offer. We also offer a pre pay discount for any mantenence account of 5% I'd say we get about 15 to 20 percent of multi year customers, very few first year pre pay.payup

rodfather
01-24-2006, 08:00 AM
Around me, they offer between 5 and 20 percent...20 to me seems way to high. IMO, 10% sounds reasonable.

yardmanlee
01-24-2006, 09:05 AM
I started to sent out a newsletter that will go out quartely and will offer a
10% discount on all prepaid accounts by march 15 also offered level billing
just sent out last week, heard from 3 wanting to know about some new services I will be providing this yr. hoping to get some prepaids

garydale
01-24-2006, 09:38 AM
About 30% of our customer base are prepay.
We offer asliding scale discount 10% Jan., 7% Feb. and 5% March.
Great for cash flow and preseason purhasing of materials..
Senior citizens really go for discounts.
Make sure your pricing will support the discounts.