PDA

View Full Version : Which scheduling software is best for me?

DFW Area Landscaper
01-24-2006, 11:03 AM
This is what I need to have my scheduling software do for me:

1.) When I sign a new client, the software needs to be able to store the customer's contact information and e-mail address but also remember which phone number is the primary "call-ahead" number for chemical apps.

2.) I want the program to be able to flag a customer who is on Monday or Tuesday service who calls to request a later mow day. Then, when a Thursday/Friday mowing client cancels, I want the program to tell me that there is now availability on Friday for this crew. Then I want the program to tell me if there are any flagged customers who have requested this spot.

3.) I want the program to be able to have plenty of space for notes on the printed schedule. For example, "code for combo lock is 33-15-48 and this customer has complained in the past about too many grass clippings in the pool so please use extra care around the pool area" should be able to easily print out on the schedule for the crew leader to read.

4.) I want the program to easily accomodate skips and re-arranges. For example, if a mowing customer who is on Tuesday calls and asks us to mow on Thrusday because he will have a fence contractor there on Tuesday, I want the program to easily accomodate that request, such that this customer doesn't print on this coming Tuesday's schedule but then have them print on this coming Thursday's schedule and then back to normal the following week.

5.) Probably most important is this: Each week I spend literally hours entering statement charges into Quickbooks. It is tedious and time consuming. I need the program to be able to upload all the "same price every time" type of work, such as lawn mowing and chemical apps, to Quickbooks statements. Sales tax too. Realize, I don't want this going into invoices. I want this going into statements.

6.) I'd also like for the scheduling program to tell me how many dollars worth of lawn mowing revenue I have scheduled for each crew for each day of the week.

I am currently using Excel for all of this. There has got to be an easier way.

That is all I require from the scheduling software. Are there any companies who are able to do all of these things?

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper

Up North
01-24-2006, 11:12 AM
Looks like you're almost describing Gopher. Try their demo, it's a good program, I like it. There are a couple things IMO they need to work on, one is a better backup program though, and I'd like to see the schedule be printed out on a monthly basis as another option. They told me a year ago they were working on it but haven't heard nothing back.

I demo'd an Adkad product and Gopher, Gopher was better for me.

Buck

MWHC
01-24-2006, 12:18 PM
For the price I don't think you can beat Gopher. We have used it for 1.5 years. The Gopher team updates it frequently. Gopher is also top notch with customer support via voice or email. Demo it.

DFW Area Landscaper
01-24-2006, 04:32 PM
Thanks guys. I will down load a sample of Gopher. I wanted to see what others recommended first because just to try out one of these software packages requires an investment of several hours.

Later,
DFW Area Landscaper