PDA

View Full Version : approaching new comm clients?

WildLake
01-24-2006, 04:54 PM
I've been mowing for the last 3 seasons. My entire list of contracts are residential. I am looking to move into commercial contracts for several reasons. One reason is that I am spread out and have too much windshield time. Another is that I would love to be able to do more late and early season maintenance (mulching, ect),where residential aren't into the late fall early spring stuff.

What I need is some advice on the best way to approach businesses

Thanks,
Josh

cklands
01-24-2006, 05:16 PM
Go in and ask about the contract. Try to get someone face to facer and tell them why they should use you. The other thing you can do is get in contact with a property management company and get on the list for proposals. Just be careful, just because they are commercial accounts it doesn't mean that they are worth anymore.

WildLake
01-24-2006, 05:33 PM
so tell me more about commercial management companys.

cklands
01-24-2006, 06:18 PM
In my area a lot of the larger commercial contracts and condos are dealt with by propertty managment companies. Basically what happens is that these prop co's take all the bids in and present them to their client. They pay the bills and deal with the service providers. Just be very careful with who you deal with (for example to a search here on US Maintenance:nono: ). Look in your local phone book under property management, condo management, etc.

WildLake
01-24-2006, 06:23 PM
Great, thanks for that info

cklands
01-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Any time. Good luck. If you get in with a good company and do good work for them you can make a good amount of money.

salandscape
01-24-2006, 06:45 PM
In my area alot of the larger accounts are managed by property management companies, get in good with one and more work may open up through them. Anthor approach which is hit or miss is just dropping cards. this is more likely to work at a smaller account run by the property owner/ condo tenants. Now would be a good time to get out there for this type of marketing. Anyway possible to get your name out there!