PDA

View Full Version : Debris dump truck,hard sides or woven fabric?

DAN-O'S TURF MANAGEMENT
01-25-2006, 10:14 PM
I have a 1- ton chevy pto driven dump truck. I have constructed a treated lumber box frame around the flat bed. So my frame work is in place, what do I complete the box with? Treated plywood painted with black epoxy paint to match the desired professional appearance of my truck, or that woven heavy mill truck cover fabric, which would look equally profesional. The issue is air flow, or no air flow? Which is best for a debris loader application?....I appreciate your time.......Dan from Dan-o's Turf Management

Jpocket
01-25-2006, 10:17 PM
I have never used the fabric material, and personally don't care for the way it looks, but it may very well be your best bet, because of air flow like you said.

DAN-O'S TURF MANAGEMENT
01-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Hey.....I appreciate the response! I too think that airflow is a key variable, but athstetics are important to me aswell. I've seen both applications on competitors equipment out in the field, and there still is no clear leader. Cost wise it's about the same, just don't know which would be more advantagous?

Jpocket
01-26-2006, 01:58 PM
I personally like a nice fabricated aluminum or sheet metal box, which I don't have mine is plywood LOL.:rolleyes:

GreenMonster
01-26-2006, 02:04 PM
A debris needs to be able to vent, it's pushing too much air to have the box completely enclosed. built wood sides and back, then throw a mesh tarp over it. this for leaf c/u, right?

CrewCutEnterprises
01-27-2006, 09:32 PM
like this mesh tarp

http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=47182&d=1137022002

allinearth
01-28-2006, 06:00 AM
With that set up you could take the metal pipes off and use the side boards to haul plants or mulch.

CrewCutEnterprises
01-28-2006, 10:45 AM
5 minutes and we can take it all down, it will be a 4x8 box next year out of plywood for the ease of use. WE will just switch sides if needed