PDA

View Full Version : Any one going to the Techo-Bloc Product showcase events?

JS Landscaping
01-26-2006, 01:55 PM
Hey guys. Anyone going to any of these events? Im going out to the Rocky Hill CT meet on febuary 7th. Ever been to one before? What are they like? They are saying something about recieveing the techo-pro contractor kit. Seems like it should be pretty interesting.

James
JS LANDSCAPING

lx665
01-26-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm going tommorow in Richmond Va. I'll let you know how it was.

John

cgland
01-26-2006, 09:05 PM
We are going to the one on the 3rd in King of Prussia, PA

Chris

Dreams To Designs
01-27-2006, 06:40 AM
I will be attending 2/10 in Cherry hill, NJ. This is a new thing for Techo to show off the new and improved products for 2006. They are making a big push into the Northeast and upper Midatlantic markets this year. The contractor kit is sweet. They had one on display at the NJNLA show last week. It contains a sample kit, t-shirts, hats and all kinds of other selling tools, along with a $100 discount certificate on your first purchase. Definitely worth the $50 admission fee. They have quality product and are looking for a way to make all the installers aware of it. Looks like we will get a chance to learn something new and network with others in our industry.

Kirk

lx665
01-27-2006, 07:24 PM
I just got back from the show and it was worthwhile. They highlighted their products and introduced some new ones. They have a new large block (1000lb) wall that will be released soon as well a new type double sided wall unit. There were some good marketing ideas to grow your business. The sample kit and the marketing materials are outstanding. They had some nice door prizes. I won a 50-75 dollar tool bag. The grand prize was a cut off saw. The food was excellent and I got to network with other contractors.

John

DVS Hardscaper
01-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Its 1100 pound

GreenMonster
02-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Anybody else that has attended this want to give a review?

rats5656
02-07-2006, 11:51 PM
i went to the one in saddlebrook nj on feb .7th 2006 and won a brand new wacker VP 1550AW plate compactor not bad for $50 addmission fee and a free lunch.

go there great time you really learn alot and can really win something as i did.

mbella
02-07-2006, 11:59 PM
i went to the one in saddlebrook nj on feb .7th 2006 and won a brand new wacker VP 1550AW plate compactor not bad for $50 addmission fee and a free lunch.

go there great time you really learn alot and can really win something as i
did.

Rats, you lucky bastard. That's awesome. I went to the one in KOP and they gave away a 1550 there as well.

Previously, I didn't know anything about their products. I thought it was worthwhile. They gave away a lot of promotional stuff and I learned a lot about their products and their manufacturing process.

Also, the lunch alone was worth $50.00. I ate better than I had in months.

JS Landscaping
02-08-2006, 12:41 PM
Went to the showcase event in conneticut yesterday. Definatly worth the trip, learned a few new things, and seeing how techo bloc is really working hard on working with us contractors. I was 1 number away from winning the whacker plate compactor, very nice unit. But for the 50 dollar admision fee, you got breakfast, a good lunch, a 300 dollar sample kit which I think will be great to take to the clients and show them and let them see the samples first hand. Its all nicely packed in a nice briefcase with a sample of the geo-tex and geo-grid along with it and all thier colors and texture samples. It even has the samples of the sands. I also walked home with this box full of promotional materal including, 300 door hangers, 4 shirts, 4 hats, 3 signs to display when you are working on a property with techo-bloc, this binder to store your portfolio infromation and a bunch of catalogues. It seems like techo-bloc is really into helping us contractors promote our own companys as promoting thier product. The dedication they seem to be showing to us is great I think. I also applied to become a Techo-pro, an authorized contractor for techo bloc. They really seem to be on the ball in helping us out as much as possible. I definatly think that anyone that can make it to one of these shows should go. I might go again just for another shot at that plate compactor :drinkup: Is there any other seminars comming up in the northeast for landscaping in general? Looking to go to as many as possible before the season starts.

James
JS LANDSCAPING

mrusk
02-08-2006, 04:09 PM
I was at the show in saddle river on the 7th. It was a good day. I wish i won the compactor though! The best part was seeing alot of cool trucks in the parking lot! I didn't care for the guy that did most of the talking. His jokes weren't funny.

After talking to some other contractors i feel like a loser. Seemed like most of the guys there been in business 5-10 years more then i've been alive! Techo block is defiently striving to be #1. I am impressed by them and will try to use them as much as possible.

LB1234
02-09-2006, 01:20 AM
Yes, in jersey, meadowlands ...NJ Landscape Contractors Trade show or something or other. Its March-02 if I recall. Not to far from Orange County.

Dreams To Designs
02-11-2006, 08:35 AM
Attended the Techo-Bloc showcase yesterday and am very excited about the upcoming year with the new products and Techo-Pro program. The speakers were very informative and the new products should make all our lives better and more profitable. In response to the comments from some of the Pennsylvania events, the program was altered to mandate ICPI certification for enrollment, as many here had expressed concern over noncertified installers be allowed to participate at the same level as those that are certified and experienced. They also made it clear installers work and customer comments would be followed up on to determine continued eligibility for the program, unlike some of the other certified contractor programs that do not check up on the installers work.

That compactor they gave away is also another nice perk, and I will have to put it to good use this season.

Kirk

mrusk
02-11-2006, 10:28 AM
I do not like the part about being ICIP certified.

Drafto
02-11-2006, 10:33 AM
I do not like the part about being ICIP certified.

Why not? Do you mean you like that they require it, or that that didn't?

Dan

Techo-Bloc
02-13-2006, 12:53 PM
Thank you everyone who attended the Techo-Bloc 2006 Showcase. Please feel free to email me with any questions that you may have reguarding the showcase or Techo-bloc Product.

-Jason
South Jersey
Techo-Bloc Sales Rep

Drafto
02-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Thank you everyone who attended the Techo-Bloc 2006 Showcase. Please feel free to email me with any questions that you may have reguarding the showcase or Techo-bloc Product.

-Jason
South Jersey
Techo-Bloc Sales Rep

Nice to have you here Jason. I am a huge fan of Techo-Bloc, it is nice to see some representation here on Lawnsite. The seminar I attended in King of Prussia was great, I am glad you guys are finally getting together with the contractors. Your product sells itself so I am assuming all the reps will have nothing to do besides assist us now :) .

Dan

GreenMonster
02-13-2006, 02:48 PM
I attended the show in MA and was pretty impressed. I like the fact that Techo is supporting their contractors. I mean, I put down a lot of bolduc, and they're not offering me referrals, engineering support, sales support, etc. or helping my biz grow. Plus, their product is just as expensive. For my high end paver option, I think I will be offering Techo this year.

Jason, I have a question. All the talk about paver density, and denser wall stone that is built on the paver machine, what is the normal density of your wall stone? Also, the rotundo, is circle kit a match for any Techo paver? I know with Bolduc there was a Chateau circle, manoir circle, champlain circle, etc.

Drafto
02-13-2006, 03:48 PM
I attended the show in MA and was pretty impressed. I like the fact that Techo is supporting their contractors. I mean, I put down a lot of bolduc, and they're not offering me referrals, engineering support, sales support, etc. or helping my biz grow. Plus, their product is just as expensive. For my high end paver option, I think I will be offering Techo this year.

Jason, I have a question. All the talk about paver density, and denser wall stone that is built on the paver machine, what is the normal density of your wall stone? Also, the rotundo, is circle kit a match for any Techo paver? I know with Bolduc there was a Chateau circle, manoir circle, champlain circle, etc.

Mark,

The Rotundo circle kit is for any of the ondulated and aged pavers (or tumbled), and Rhondo is for the Classique pavers, and any other ondulated but not aged (tumbled) pavers.

Dan