PDA

View Full Version : Tip Of The Day - 1/27/06 - Billboards

Sean Adams
01-27-2006, 05:51 AM
Anyone ever try this form of advertising? I have seen a few companies who have placed ads on billboards on semi-busy road ways and always wondered if it paid off for them. Curious.... Thoughts?

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
01-27-2006, 06:26 AM
Hey Sean, I know a mulch/stone type company that has advertised using billboards. They said that is was very expensive, and produced no results. I always that of billboards as "branding" form of advertising personally. I do not look at it as a medium that is going to produce heavy results in itself. However, I believe used in conjunction with a well rounded marketing plan it will increase lead conversion. I think that you will need a nice size budget for advertising for billboards to have a positive return.

Critical Care
01-27-2006, 01:50 PM
Remember the movie "It Could Happen to You"? The movie (at least the old version) is about a lady who dreamed of seeing her name printed up on a big billboard where everyone could see it. She saved up her money and had it done, and soon things began to happen. A good movie to see and is all about the business of putting your name up on a billboard. The remake of the original movie is also a "two thumbs up" movie with Nicolas Cage and Rosie Perez.

By the way, there are a number of places where billboards are not allowed. No more Burma Shave signs...

GFTC
02-05-2006, 09:57 PM
I'll let you know how it works. It will be a while though. A good friend owns a sign company and just acquired control of a billboard that 80,000 people see every day. I'm doing the landscaping at his new shop and I get 12mos. of adverts on the bilboard in 1.5 month increments. We'll see how it works out.