PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY!!! Wall pics

cedarcroft
01-27-2006, 12:35 PM
I figured I would start a new thread for pics of this wall as the other thread was getting a little lengthy. I finally dragged my friend out to snap some digital photos for me. The pic w/ me in it is to show scale, I am 6'4".
Enjoy

cedarcroft
01-27-2006, 12:37 PM
oh yeah, we took a picture of one of the cars on the jobsite

neversatisfiedj
01-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Looking good. How many face feet was that wall ? What type block ?

Edgewater
01-27-2006, 03:09 PM
Well I have to give you credit,

I get the feeling that some people on here talk big, then when they get called out for pics, they run and hide.

Nice job on the wall, and nice cars:)

GreenMonster
01-27-2006, 03:20 PM
Cedar, do you have pics during construction. I'm not trying to be a Doubting Thomas, but I'm sure you now understand that what happens behind the wall is more important than the block itself. I like to see pics of how other guys are putting these up.

Nice looking block. Is it Anchor? Quite a slope behind it too :eek: What did you guys have for equipment on site that allowed you to get behind the wall? Walls can be a PITA when you can only work them from one side. It's almost dreamy when you can get to both sides :angel:

cedarcroft
01-27-2006, 03:36 PM
the block is anchor. we had a backhoe and two skid steers on the job. it was a HUGE pain in the a$$. I have some pics on regular film of early on in the job, but never developed them yet. the highest point of the wall is 10' (actually 9.5' plus the caps) we backfilled with the skid steers and as it got higher, the backhoe. the contractor finished it and sprayed mulch, toprsoil and winter rye. the slope was serious. now that it is finished, I can honestly say that I feel it was done wrong from the start. should've been redi rock. we built it right, but with the wrong product. the contractor we subbed it for said thats what the customer wanted so thats what we did. anyway, It may take about 40 years but I will try and get some before shots up.

cgland
01-27-2006, 04:43 PM
How many pulls of grid on that wall? Looks good. I too would love to see some pics of the backfill zone. How many courses are buried?

Chris

MarcusLndscp
01-27-2006, 04:53 PM
"Dreamy" huh Mark??? Are you okay buddy? Why are you using the term dreamy in reference to construction work? Just curious....there's nothing wrong with being that kind of person if that's what you're in to.

mbella
01-27-2006, 07:23 PM
I agree, it looks good. What size crew did you use to install and how long did it take?

How many pulls of grid are in that wall? How long are the pulls? What equipment did you use for compaction behind the wall?

scaper27
01-27-2006, 08:02 PM
I seen them working on that. I live down the road. Looks good. Thats at the place where they fix the Mercedes and Ferraris and all. Nice job

LawnsRUsInc.
01-27-2006, 08:58 PM
yea nice ferrari i work for some "alot" of people with nice cars i drove this 1 right here.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/jasonjmcgee/auston1.jpg

LawnsRUsInc.
01-27-2006, 09:23 PM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/jasonjmcgee/aston.jpg
Aston Martin V12 Vanquish S Starting Pice $255,000

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c274/jasonjmcgee/cobra.jpg
The old 427

mbella
01-27-2006, 09:25 PM
Cedarcroft, I just looked at the pics again. In the first pic, what's up with the gap between courses between your belly button and your boob?

sheshovel
01-27-2006, 09:57 PM
cedarcroft has boobs?
Show me more cedar bby! WHEW HEEUW

mbella
01-27-2006, 10:04 PM
cedarcroft has boobs?
Show me more cedar bby! WHEW HEEUW

You know what I mean you whacko!

Drafto
01-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Cedarcroft, I just looked at the pics again. In the first pic, what's up with the gap between courses between your belly button and your boob?

While I would love to run with the boob/gut thing it is nice to see a fellow man of my weight not afraid to post a pic of himself, I am just jealous Cedarcroft has more hair then me.

Mbella - My guess is that line is where a pull of grid is.

Dan

mbella
01-27-2006, 11:15 PM
While I would love to run with the boob/gut thing it is nice to see a fellow man of my weight not afraid to post a pic of himself, I am just jealous Cedarcroft has more hair then me.

Mbella - My guess is that line is where a pull of grid is.

Dan

Ok fatbody, next time I want to know what YOU think, I will ask YOU!

Oh yeah, what would be your guess on why the course above it is gapped as well?

PurpHaze
01-27-2006, 11:48 PM
Very nice wall!!!! (But what do I know. I'm an irrigator.) :p

PurpHaze
01-27-2006, 11:51 PM
"Dreamy" huh Mark??? Are you okay buddy? Why are you using the term dreamy in reference to construction work? Just curious....there's nothing wrong with being that kind of person if that's what you're in to.

Broke Back Mountain East??? :rolleyes:

cgland
01-28-2006, 12:21 AM
HHHMMMM! No response! I truly think that that wall has too much batter! Maybe it's the pics, but it looks as if the wall block are pitched backwards. It's definately............tall & long! Are you able to answer our questions?

Chris

UNISCAPER
01-28-2006, 12:50 AM
That wall look ice but I'm with Mike. Too much batter. With the slope as a surcharge and soils compacted with a vibraplate I hope you don't get any movement!

As far as the 427 Cobra, that's not a real one. It looks like a Superformance kit with American racing wheels rather than the original Haldibrant. The stuffers from the headers aren't big enough to let a tunnel port side oiler breathe, so I'm betting if that car has a Ford engine it's a 351, nor do they dump through the fender, they go under the car. It's also a glass body not aluminum. Fun car regardless.

cgland
01-28-2006, 01:03 AM
Come on Bill! Give me some credit! Not every piece of good advice or insight comes from Mike!:p Damn!

Chris

vntgrcr
01-28-2006, 07:07 AM
That wall look ice but I'm with Mike. Too much batter. With the slope as a surcharge and soils compacted with a vibraplate I hope you don't get any movement!

As far as the 427 Cobra, that's not a real one. It looks like a Superformance kit with American racing wheels rather than the original Haldibrant. The stuffers from the headers aren't big enough to let a tunnel port side oiler breathe, so I'm betting if that car has a Ford engine it's a 351, nor do they dump through the fender, they go under the car. It's also a glass body not aluminum. Fun car regardless.
I can't believe I am doing this, because I have learned to listen to Bill and pay attentio, but Bill, get your glasses out, that is a Lamborghini Countach. But, it still may be a repro. can't see enough to know for sure. Just having fun!!

YardPro
01-28-2006, 08:47 AM
I can't believe I am doing this, because I have learned to listen to Bill and pay attentio, but Bill, get your glasses out, that is a Lamborghini Countach. But, it still may be a repro. can't see enough to know for sure. Just having fun!!

he's not talking about that pic....
he's talking about the pics on the second page... the austin martin.. etc..

cedarcroft
01-28-2006, 11:04 AM
I think that the gap is an optical illusion. looking at the picture, it looks like two courses have grid in them on top of each other. other than that I have no explanation. we put grid in every 2 courses. as for how much is under ground, we have 2-3 courses under depending on where you are in the wall.

all ferris
01-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Cedar, the wall looks great. Don't let all the criticism here get you down. Now it's time to get another wall to build!!!!

sheshovel
01-28-2006, 02:32 PM
Right looks good..keep posting pics of your work....but next time..leave the coat and shirt off will ya PLEEEZE?

GreenMonster
01-28-2006, 02:47 PM
I've never done a wall that high... how did you go about stacking block once it went over your head, and you couldn't access from behind?

cedarcroft
01-28-2006, 04:04 PM
we did access from behind. we lifted the block with the bucket on the bobcat and stockpiled behind the wall as we went. we would do 2 courses, compact and geo grid, then bring more block, 2 more courses etc. it was ALOT of hand work filling the gravel in etc, but we had 6 guys there everyday, so it went fast.

cedarcroft
01-29-2006, 10:09 AM
but next time..leave the coat and shirt off will ya PLEEEZE?

you don't want to see that, trust me!!

UNISCAPER
01-29-2006, 12:12 PM
Side stepping a bit here....You wouldn't catch me dead in any car other than something powered by a tunnel port side oiler. We got a guy who lives a mile from here who just got the new Bugatti. He already has an F-40, F-50, Enzo, a Testerossa and a 1957 250GTO Ferrari so I'm sure he figuered what the heck.

There's nothing more brutal, and nothing that will out run on a tight road course, a CSX-4000 Shelby Cobra, as long as it is driven well. That's the key, the car is all engine, it drifts funny, you have to roll the throttle on very slowly or you can loop the car at 100 plus mph, and when you start to loose it around a turn, rather than get off the throttle, the easiest fix for the skid is to put your foot further into the aluminum.

Chris, sorry about the credit thing....It's this internet stuff and my reading glasses!

Drew Gemma
03-19-2007, 08:15 PM
thanks for the pics