PDA

View Full Version : NEW SHOP - HELP

Greenkeepers
04-10-2001, 05:19 PM
Hey All-

We finally got our new 30x60 Pole building shop done. Now the problem we have is that it was off grade so I had to fill the inside with soil to get it up to grade. Ok got that all done, didn't have a chance to roll it out though. Then comes tyrantial downpours of rain for 3 days. Without gutters or drainage around the building the inside turned into a mud pit. I've buried the bobcat in there 3 times now and the 4wd ford tractor doesn't like trying to push the mud out.

Any help on getting this dried out so I can get cement , equipment in there?????

paul
04-10-2001, 07:00 PM
Mike Get your self some tracks for your Bobcat and rent a mini-X for the day. Tracks on the mini and skid steer will help you get thru the mud at the front and the mini can get the corners, as you work in put 3" stone down to keep the mud from pumping up. Next time use stone for back fill :)

Greenkeepers
04-11-2001, 07:47 AM
Thanks Paul-

I'm going to take all the dirt fill out and fill it with gravel. That way I don't have to worry about settleing and all of that down the road. I'm going to have to eat the costs for the gravel that's all.. I wanted to save money with the soil fill but it's ending costing me more time and money in the long run.. As usual, don't take the easy way......