PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed floor protection other than spray ons?

SouthernYankee
01-28-2006, 05:48 PM
I dont want to put down a spry linner, money reasons mostly.

Anyways what are some other ways to protect an enclosed trailer floor?

I want to put down some sort of protectant , what should I use? Thompsons or deck stain?

TURF DOCTOR
01-28-2006, 06:29 PM
That is what we use we have 2 box trailers, with old mowers that leak oil it works also.

lawnmaniac883
01-28-2006, 08:33 PM
Is this a plywood floor? Might try the rustoleum garage floor kit they sell at the depot. I think you would get more than enough in one box to do it. They give you epoxy paint and a gripping supplement. IIRC, price is 55 bux.

LB1234
01-29-2006, 07:18 PM
We bought a 5 gallon bucket of porch and floor paint in grey. Placed two coats on. The third coat we mixed in that stuff in a pouch that makes a non-skid surface...almost looks like sand. Works great. Only problem with the non-skid surface it makes the paint wear faster and seems we are gonna have to do it every year...but hey that what the 5 gallon pale is for. Total cost was around 60-70 bucks...not including mine and partners time to paint it...about 2-3 hours total with three coats.

I wouldn't recommend just paint without non skid surface...landed on my rear after one rainy day on the ramp....never again!!!:nono:

MStine315
01-29-2006, 07:29 PM
I did my trailer this winter with Behr porch and fence stain from Home Depot. It really drank it up! I think I used about 3 gal. to do the floor and walls 2 coats. I'm always nervous about paint peeling plus I wanted to get it done during down time and paint plus cool temps. doesn't usually work out too well. You can usually mix in a little silica for grip like the other posters said, too. Just my .02 - Marc

Petr51488
01-29-2006, 10:29 PM
why not try something like this. It cost, i think 180 shipped. Its a majestigrid carpet. It has a high quality commercial rubber bottum, so no liquids will ever go through it. The carpet doesnt get kicked up and is very stiff. It works very well for me. Now when i lift the carpet up, the floor is brand new. check it out..

MysticLandscape
01-29-2006, 10:47 PM
Anybody know how much spray liner cost?

dwc
01-29-2006, 11:19 PM
I went to O'Reilly Auto Parts and picked up some Dupli-Color roll on bed liner. I used an ordinary paint roller and it worked just fine for a trailer floor. I would not use it on my pickup bed, but rolling it in the trailer looks great. I used 3 gallons of the stuff at about $60 a gallon. This is for a 8x18 and going up on the walls about 1.5 foot.
It was really easy to do and it drys extremely fast! You have to hurry when you open the gallon or it will get really gummy by the end. I just dumped it out on the floor and smoothed it out in small areas starting in the front and working my way out. I did 2 coats with the 3 gallon also.
No more slick trailer floor!

PLS-Tx
01-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Anybody know how much spray liner cost?

I got a quote for $950, that the floor, ramp, and 6-8" up the walls.

mrusk
01-30-2006, 12:25 PM
I bought some gargae floor epoxy. It is chemical resistant. For 200 bucks i think it was a good deal. Looks great after 1 year!

MysticLandscape
01-30-2006, 03:47 PM
I got a quote for $950, that the floor, ramp, and 6-8" up the walls.

How big was the trailer?

scott's turf
01-30-2006, 04:43 PM
I used linoleum. It has held up really well so far (about 1.5 years)

Greybeard
02-01-2006, 10:57 PM
I painted the floor of our Pace 18-footer with a heavy two-part urethane that was made for gas station islands and floors. It's held up great for 6 years. Try Sherwin-Williams or another industrial paint supplier. I used about 1 1/2 gallons at about $50 each.

PLS-Tx
02-02-2006, 12:36 AM
How big was the trailer?

Sorry for the slow reply. It was a 8.5x20, I guess $950 is not a bad price, but it's more than I want to spend.

I'm trying to decide what I want to put on mine, I thought about getting treated plywood, also thought about the garage floor epoxy.