PDA

View Full Version : Best tools for large scale leaf cleanup

KPM
01-28-2006, 09:53 PM
We are a startup company and just picked up a large condo project (7 acres of property). Spring cleanup is coming and I am looking for input on the best way to do lawn cleanup. We have (2) backpack blowers mowers and tractors but no vac systems.

I am considering renting a yard vac for the spring, but looking ahead to the fall for the best solutions.

Also...if we vac what do you do with the material after you take it off site?

Thanks

CLARK LAWN
01-29-2006, 12:38 PM
push blowers(8hp min) and truck loader

Tvov
01-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Your town/county doesn't have a dump site or "brush dump" or "stump dump" or "bulky waste disposal site"? Our town has a brush dump, and leaves can be dumped there free. There is a small fee for brush.

For us, using ZTRs with mounted collection system (like a Pico, etc) has essentially eliminated the need for large rolling blowers. I would consider skipping getting a large rolling blower and using the money to buy the newer high output backpacks. Use backpacks to blowout the beds and around buildings into the yard, the ZTR comes by and picks everything up, and drives over to the vacuum truck (front mounted vacuum on F350 dump truck) and dumps in front of it. We don't even unhook the equipment trailer from the F350 and we leave it parked in the street, because it is so easy to drive the ZTR over to it to dump.

The ZTRs reduce the leaf volume incredibly, so now we fit what used to be 3 dump truck loads into one. This is important where we are, because we deal with A LOT of leaves!

Well, this is a quick description of how we work and with what. Hope it helps!

LB1234
01-29-2006, 06:09 PM
what did you budget for the spring cleanup?

paponte
01-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Ground blowers, Z's with baggers, lawn sweeper, tarps, leaf loader. Every property is different. :)

godzilla
01-30-2006, 10:47 PM
Have you considered a turbine / PTO blower for your tractor(s)?