View Full Version : Need help pricing Job: Grass removal, prep soil, & install sod
04-11-2001, 01:25 AM
I am just starting out and I have someone who wants me to remove their existing grass as well as preping the soil which is very compacted(yard is 40 years old)they want sand and compost added. They also would like sod added afterwards. Do you charge at price per Sq yard seperately for the Grass removal/soil preping/& sod installation or do you charge a lump sum per sq yard. And what would you charge. The home owners yard is about 1300 sq ft. thanks for your help! any extra tips would be appreciated.
HELLO well I would charge 800.00 for sod and $45.00 per hour for prep....
04-16-2001, 04:14 PM
I'm not shure about warm season turf. I charge about 7 bucks a yard. That includes:
1) roundup existing turf/weeds
2) use sodcutter to remove existing turf
3) spread peat and peatmoss mix, organics 4" to 5" layer
4) rototill, to alliviate compation and mix soil components
5) use steeltine 3pt rake, or pitchfork to remove any rootsystems that are left.
6) grade soil
7) roll soil
8) spread starter fertilizer
9) lay sod
10) roll sod, provide good soil contact and remove any uneven surfaces.
11) water sod
04-17-2001, 03:21 AM
Thanks ron & Jim for your help. I saw some where on this forum that they charge $1.25 to 1.50 a square foot to just prep the soil. Any way I appreciate your Tips Aloha.
vBulletin® v3.8.6, Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.