PDA

View Full Version : Hustler dealer problems...

nobagger
01-30-2006, 01:03 PM
I started a thread awhile back about our local dealer not carrying Hustler anymore and I found out why the other day. He had said to me that there were 3 or 4 Hustler super Z's that had the same problems, the engine had quite for some reason and they were unable to stop the machine. One went into a busy street causing 4k in damage to a car, 2 went into ponds and 1 went into a bay off of our lake. I guess you have to engage the E Brake by moving the controls outward or something like that. But he said there was absolutely NO factory response on these matters. And there were a few other issues about the factory rep not showing up since 2004 and many stress cracks in certain spots that were occuring to several mowers. Thats too bad I was really interested in purchasing a Super or Mini Z this year. He sold (8) eight to a lawn care company last year and now he has lost that guy's business and he will never have Hustler again.

mowerconsultant
01-30-2006, 01:15 PM
In your previous thread I asked you to provide me with the dealer information.
There is always some information in either side of a story that someone leaves out.
There is something fishy sounding with this whole thing, I believe what you are saying, I just dont believe all the truth is being told to you.
Regardless, get me some info....
E-mail me or post the dealer information here, and I will get to the bottom if this.
We are very pro-active and re-active to any problems, be it with a machine or a dealer.

Pj

kc2006
01-30-2006, 01:34 PM
Last year hustler sent out a rep from an hour and a half away with 3 mowers for me to try out. Company support is number 1 over anyone else I've ever dealt with I think. The rep and I discussed the local dealer here, very bad dealer. I went in to look at hustlers 2 or 3 times, each time he would quote me a very high price and then try to sell me a gravely which I don't want...

Only thing holding me back from getting a hustler this spring is I don't want to drive 35mins one way to a dealer and I don't want to deal with the closer dealer since he's been the way he has. If only we had a good dealer closer :(

Nobagger, fill PJ in on the dealer and I'm sure he'll get to the bottom of it fast.

daveintoledo
01-30-2006, 01:44 PM
i stopped in last season when looking for a new z, they didnt have one commercial model in the store, when i asked about it , and if they could get me a mimi z , time and cost, the guy looked at me like i was scum and said " and how do you expect to pay for that"

i went 3 miles down the road and bought the toro z master.....?????

nobagger
01-30-2006, 04:22 PM
In your previous thread I asked you to provide me with the dealer information.
There is always some information in either side of a story that someone leaves out.
There is something fishy sounding with this whole thing, I believe what you are saying, I just dont believe all the truth is being told to you.
Regardless, get me some info....
E-mail me or post the dealer information here, and I will get to the bottom if this.
We are very pro-active and re-active to any problems, be it with a machine or a dealer.

Pj
Pj, I didn't have a spare second to try and find that previous thread. And I figured if I just wrote another thread you would respond, so thank you. And I don't mean for this to become a Hustler bashing thread, believe me. I will PM you with the dealer info.

mowerconsultant
01-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Sounds good, I will look for it.

Pj

LawnTamer
01-30-2006, 04:27 PM
I was interested in the Hustler WB (big ZTR's wouldn't be a great fit for my business, lots of hills and small lawns) I found a dealer that claimed to sell Hustler, but he couldn't get any pricing info on the WB or a mini Z. There seems to be a vacuum with Hustler dealers in Utah.

mowerconsultant
01-30-2006, 04:33 PM
I was interested in the Hustler WB (big ZTR's wouldn't be a great fit for my business, lots of hills and small lawns) I found a dealer that claimed to sell Hustler, but he couldn't get any pricing info on the WB or a mini Z. There seems to be a vacuum with Hustler dealers in Utah.

Go to our dealer locater here > www.hustlerturf.com
Put in your zip code and if he is listed as a dealer there, then you should have no problems, if he isn't listed there then he is not a dealer.
Problem is, some dealers think they can get our products through there respective distributors, when in reality unless they are set up as a Hustler dealer, they can not.
Many distributors carry products that allow them to sell them on a non-official dealer situation, this is not the case with Hustler, they must be approved through our HQ in Kansas before becoming a dealer.

Pj

AintNoFun
01-30-2006, 07:18 PM
sounds like your dealer is blowing some serious smoke up your azz... we run four hustlers two z's and two super z's... and another one on its way... best built machine out there!

lawnmaniac883
01-30-2006, 07:22 PM
IMO, all commercial Z's should have an emergency brake, kindo like the "OH $H!T handle on a car, ya know? Maybe have it be a button you push that engages the brake no matter what??? Just thinking out loud.

Jay Ray
01-30-2006, 08:48 PM
i stopped in last season when looking for a new z, they didnt have one commercial model in the store, when i asked about it , and if they could get me a mimi z , time and cost, the guy looked at me like i was scum and said " and how do you expect to pay for that"

That is amazing, and the factory can't fix that. Guess the dealer never heard of bank presidents up in Nebraska going to work in their bibs, after doing chores on their farm. I mean how ya know who has money and who don't? I've never run into anyone who retails like that here.

imograss
01-30-2006, 09:02 PM
I can't speak for others, but the few issues I have has with Hustler, they have made good on ALL of them. I don't particularly care for my dealer. The support Pj gives to issues is simply awsome, and goes beyond most other reps ect.

amar
01-30-2006, 10:41 PM
I have emailed Hustler in the past inquiring about several issues. With no response. Mabyee I was to bichey. The dealer worked it out, however no reply form my email to the pres. The super z is a well built machine but the deck sucks. However I own three Super Z's. Its about time they rework the deck and give the tanks large caps. (about three years behind the comp.) The speed, hydro lines, and the ability to take serious abuse is second to none.

YardPro
01-30-2006, 11:07 PM
he is feeding you a line of BS...

ever try to move a hydro mower when the engine is dead????
i cannot believe the thing rolled anywhere.. much less into the street....

and stress cracks???? hustler warranties thier frames for life.....

i think the dealer was full of bs and trying to cover up why he LOST the distributership.

amar
01-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Good point on the unit moving with out engine power. On a steep grade it moves but so slowly you put the brakes on end of story. One of my employes slid a Super Z over a retaining wall just under three foot fall. One blown tire, and a bursed ego that was it. I couldent believe it. That was an 02 when they had the reinforced front caster where a plate was welded to the arm.

YardPro
01-31-2006, 07:20 AM
Good point on the unit moving with out engine power. On a steep grade it moves but so slowly you put the brakes on end of story. One of my employes slid a Super Z over a retaining wall just under three foot fall. One blown tire, and a bursed ego that was it. I couldent believe it. That was an 02 when they had the reinforced front caster where a plate was welded to the arm.

suprised he did not tell you " the mower just cut off for no reason and just rolled down the hill"....

lol

TLS
01-31-2006, 07:46 AM
That was an 02 when they had the reinforced front caster where a plate was welded to the arm.
I noticed that was missing on current models....why was it there for years, and now it isn't?

amar
01-31-2006, 07:55 AM
I noticed that was missing on current models....why was it there for years, and now it isn't?

I would say its gone because it was not needed. The arm is strong enough. It was only a little xtra waight in the front but it helped keep the front wheels down alittle. That was also the last year on the short frame. Models after that where alittle longer, which was only noticeable on the trailer.

mowerconsultant
01-31-2006, 08:00 AM
The outside weldment was taken off a few years ago and replaced with a internal stiffener.
The frames at that time did not lengthen, the placement of the front frame cross member did, it was moved forward, for added leg room, it made the machine feel longer when parking them right against each other, nose to tail.
I will dig around the computer here for a picture of the frame where the internal stiffener was added and post it later today when I am back in the office.

Pj

mowerconsultant
01-31-2006, 09:57 AM
Here is the picture...
You can see that there is a internal stiffener.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/mowerconsultant/work/framecutaway.jpg

LawnTamer
01-31-2006, 11:00 AM
Hustler rep, you were right. That place wasn't a authorized Hustler dealer, as he claimed to be. I bet he was thinking of getting them from a dealer buddy then marking them up. I checked your 'find a dealer' last winter and it didn't pull up anything local. Now there are 2 within 20 miles. I've heard a lot of good things about Hustler and can't wait to try them.

mowerconsultant
01-31-2006, 02:52 PM
Hustler rep, you were right. That place wasn't a authorized Hustler dealer, as he claimed to be. I bet he was thinking of getting them from a dealer buddy then marking them up. I checked your 'find a dealer' last winter and it didn't pull up anything local. Now there are 2 within 20 miles. I've heard a lot of good things about Hustler and can't wait to try them.

I thought something like that might be the case.
We have had enormous dealer growth the last 3 years and it is not slowing down.
Always check the dealer locater, we are adding several new dealers every day.

Pj

TLS
01-31-2006, 03:09 PM
Here is the picture...
You can see that there is a internal stiffener.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/mowerconsultant/work/framecutaway.jpg

Thanks! Looks beefy!!!