PDA

View Full Version : Scag light kit? Worth it?

HighGrass
01-30-2006, 05:32 PM
Fall clean-ups were great money this year. But I seemed to run out of light before I ran out of energy. Thinking about a Scag light kit for my Wildcat. Anybody have any thoughts on these? How much are they?payup

grass_cuttin_fool
01-30-2006, 05:46 PM
Fall clean-ups were great money this year. But I seemed to run out of light before I ran out of energy. Thinking about a Scag light kit for my Wildcat. Anybody have any thoughts on these? How much are they?payup

Dont hold me to it, but I think some where around $160-$180 , which I think is over rated in my book

wayne

Duck Dodger
01-30-2006, 06:04 PM
I have a light kit on my walker I can't tell you how much it has helped. I have a few commercial props that I can mow when ever so I go out in the summer sometimes about 5am to beat the heat. Even if you use them a few times to finish up last job for the day think of the drive time not having to come back. It has been a good investment for us.

iluvscag
01-30-2006, 06:36 PM
You can make your own for cheaper.:) Buy your own brackets and lights. Or you could make it yourself.:)

TURF DOCTOR
01-30-2006, 06:50 PM
Priced 1 last season 159,to high for me make you own.

Scag413
01-30-2006, 07:20 PM
I agree Make Your Own! I paid $22 for 2 lights. We drilled some holes and they are all mounted. I figure an extra $5 for for wire and a toggle switch. For less than $30, it is easy and really nice on the pocket book.

HighGrass
01-30-2006, 11:26 PM
Sounds like making my own should be easy. Where do you tie in for power? At the battery itself?

The Captain
01-31-2006, 12:28 AM
Check out the thread titled "Mower Lights" from 01-22-06. work_it posted some photos (post #9 I think) of lights installed on a Tiger. I'm going to try his method on mine. Thanks for the help...

Jim

green acres lawns
01-31-2006, 01:09 AM
I have a Walker with the Walker light kit($125.00) and I have the Scag light kit on my sabre tooth($150.00). They both work very well, however the Scag could use a third light on the front to eliminate a slight shadow directly in front of the deck. It runs directly off the battery thru a fuse and toggle switch. The Walker lights go thru the ignition switch to a toggle switch. I frequently do large commercials at night, especially when its 95 degrees during the day.

HighGrass
01-31-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm going to Walmart today and look at some options. I think I have a ATV light kit I bought a few years ago that I never used. That might work as well.

fivestarlawnken
01-31-2006, 10:08 PM
My neighbor has a scag set on his.They are nice but NOT worth the 175.00 at all. I have a scag rider and all of scags attachments are way overpriced!:nono:

twj721
01-31-2006, 11:53 PM
I was very scared at 1st when I bought my new Scag Turt Tiger this last year and I knew that Scag did offer the lights but was sticker shocked at price i ask my deaker if he had sold any yet he was honest and said no they had not but he also told me that as long as he had been dealing with Scag that to him any thing that they offered was pretty relible I knew from our last mowing season that we would sometimes be in the dark trying to finish a job up and that really sucks when you fianlly have to quit with only about 30 mins more to finish only to hav e to go back in the morning and finish So I told John to go ahead and install a set on my new mower They were worth the money in my book you can actuallyy see what you are cutting and see where you are going If I every buy another mower from Scag I will definitley be putting a light kit on it . Twj