PDA

View Full Version : supply yard

mlambert
01-31-2006, 08:04 AM
planning supply yard (loam,mulch,stone)and small nursery to open this spring.
there are some pretty big supply yards in the new england area. are these companys making any money selling mulch and stone? On average how much material are they moving? whats is income potential coming in from sale of materials listed above. thanks

SLSNursery
01-31-2006, 07:50 PM
Your questions are a little too open ended, in that the amount of money someone else makes, related to their overhead, location etc., may or may not be relevant to your situation.
Where are you in Southern New England? I have a yard in the New Haven, CT area, and it was built after careful market study and was a major investment.

I would not suggest just trying to open a yard without doing some research. If you are close you can stop by our operation. It is primarily re-wholesale to the trade, but does do some walk-in business. My website is listed below.

mlambert
02-02-2006, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the reply:
not really all that conerned with with what other people are making $. more interested in the amount of mulch, loam and assorted stone people are moving in their markets. as far as over head pretty much already set up yard, equipment ect. mulch: whats the biggest seller in your area pine, hemlock, cedar,loam and compost.
thanks