PDA

View Full Version : A few new toys

OnMyOwn
01-31-2006, 05:02 PM
Used surfer....spent about 10 hours cleaning it up. It has about 400 hours.

OnMyOwn
01-31-2006, 05:04 PM
Let's try this again...

Deere surfer with 400 hours
Deere 36" gear with about 50 hours

Both cleaned up well and should help me in the coming season.

Birdjr
01-31-2006, 05:04 PM
what size deck did u get

OnMyOwn
01-31-2006, 05:08 PM
The surfer is a 54" with a 23hp kaw
The 36" has (I think) a 13 hp kaw (LIKE NEW)

I'm not real big on gear drives, but it will be perfect for those gated back yards.

Birdjr
01-31-2006, 05:17 PM
lemme know how u like the surfer good luck wit both machines

OnMyOwn
01-31-2006, 05:20 PM
Will do....

Everyone is telling me that the JD surfer will not hold hills as well as the Wright Stander. I have never been on either, so there is no way to tell, yet. My properties are mostly flat, so I am hoping for good things. In addition, I have been told the cut is about a B- on overall satisfaction. Does anyone have any additional comments on quality of cut, or hill hugging capability of the surfer?

beautifullawns
01-31-2006, 05:22 PM
A friend of mine has one and loves it. He can't speak good enough about it. If i didn't have to collect so much grass i would have bought one.

jtkplc
01-31-2006, 06:01 PM
Will do....

Everyone is telling me that the JD surfer will not hold hills as well as the Wright Stander. I have never been on either, so there is no way to tell, yet. My properties are mostly flat, so I am hoping for good things. In addition, I have been told the cut is about a B- on overall satisfaction. Does anyone have any additional comments on quality of cut, or hill hugging capability of the surfer?

I've used a Great Dane Super Surfer which is the same thing and the only positive thing I have to say about them is the suspension foot-plate makes a big difference on rough lawns. In my opinion, the Wright Stander is in a league of it's own. They are not very good at holding hills, they will really test your driving abilities if you mow any hills.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
01-31-2006, 07:24 PM
I've used a Great Dane Super Surfer which is the same thing and In my opinion, the Wright Stander is in a league of it's own.

Your right the Deere Quik Traks are in a higher class! :waving:
2nd Danes and Deeres are not the same mower. Similar but not the same.

I Like mi

zim bob the landscaper
01-31-2006, 07:26 PM
looks guys those surfers must get lawns done fast the look so uncomterble though.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
01-31-2006, 07:29 PM
looks guys those surfers must get lawns done fast the look so uncomterble though.

I find that they are comfortable to me. They are extremely fast, and I find that even on larger properties I am still fine riding around on them with no discomfort. For some reason my back starts to bother me on a z after about 20 minutes on one. Thats why I like the idea of a stander as your legs absorb the shock not your back.

jtkplc
01-31-2006, 07:40 PM
Your right the Deere Quik Traks are in a higher class! :waving:
2nd Danes and Deeres are not the same mower. Similar but not the same.

I Like mi

What are the differences besides the deck?

fivestarlawnken
01-31-2006, 09:58 PM
looks nice my blood runs orange!!:o

MMLawn
02-01-2006, 12:52 AM
You'll like the GS30 it's a good solid WB

OnMyOwn
02-01-2006, 12:54 AM
Sweet....I hope to throw my 21" mowers in the garage sale.

jpmako
02-01-2006, 08:55 AM
MJ,

When did you get the second one?
I was going to get one last fall, I am upset that I did'nt but have done some serious business analysis over the winter and I am going to hold off for a while. I am resurrecting an older Scag hydro walk behind and am going to run the Z and two walk behinds for the beginning of this season. I am going to try and keep costs down this year but will probably upgrade in June.
Last year alone I spend mucho $$$ :cry: on equipment and before I upgrade mowers I am in need of selling my big dump truck and getting a smaller mason dump. I am also going to sell my leaf vacuum and get a dump trailer.
It is nice to have big equipment but it not all that feasible anymore.

Good luck to all this upcoming season.

Jason

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
02-01-2006, 11:53 AM
MJ,

When did you get the second one?
I was going to get one last fall, I am upset that I did'nt but have done some serious business analysis over the winter and I am going to hold off for a while. I am resurrecting an older Scag hydro walk behind and am going to run the Z and two walk behinds for the beginning of this season. I am going to try and keep costs down this year but will probably upgrade in June.
Last year alone I spend mucho $$$ :cry: on equipment and before I upgrade mowers I am in need of selling my big dump truck and getting a smaller mason dump. I am also going to sell my leaf vacuum and get a dump trailer.
It is nice to have big equipment but it not all that feasible anymore.

Good luck to all this upcoming season.

Jason

Jason, hows it going?
I picked up the 647 in June of this last season. I had to replace a wb that went down for a while. I liked my 667 so much that when I got tired of constantly working on one of my wb's I just replaced it with another quik trak. I did however fix the wb too, so thats a plus. If your interested my dealer probably has two new 647s left over. They are the older models like the ones I have, but you could probably get them for close to $4K. Im sure they could ship one to you if you wanted one. Let me know if your ever interested and I will check.

I too am in the market for a new trailer. 90% through the process of having Big Tex custom build me a trailer. I will be making a trip down to texas to pick it up. Its going to be a hell of a drive coming from MI.

Good luck this year.

NewkirkPropertyManagement
04-12-2006, 10:10 AM
You'll like the GS30 it's a good solid WB

Can you give me some more details on your experience with the GS30? I am getting ready to buy a lightly used one from the dealer but am hesitant about the gear drive. Any problems or things to watch out for with these?

OnMyOwn
04-12-2006, 04:38 PM
Just "gave" it away. I was not impressed with the performance of the mower - the cut - the handling.

From now on...I bleed Gravely red!

Greenatthis
04-12-2006, 05:39 PM
I used to have problems with my back on my dixon and gravely ztrs, but with the scags tiger cub, no problems at all. It's like sitting in my recliner at home.....