PDA

View Full Version : what do you people use to clean your mower?

milo
01-31-2006, 09:28 PM
hi does anyone know what works best at making a mower look new? most of the tim i go to a car wash and power wash it but i would like to know of a way to really clean it and make look like new???:)

fivestarlawnken
01-31-2006, 09:50 PM
i use greased lighting once a month 50/50 mix.All you do Is spray it down leave for a few minutes and it takes all the grease dirty stuff away.After that I wash with a car wash with a wax already added.Works well.Watch using a pressure washer and make sure you grease after cleaning.Hope this helps:)

jtkplc
01-31-2006, 09:59 PM
I use a Micro Sheen. It will make it look like you just brought it home new with just water. It's amazing. It will even take off the grass stains on the deck.

Jusmowin
01-31-2006, 10:06 PM
I use Simple Green on all my equipment as it really seems to work really well.

milo
01-31-2006, 10:09 PM
i was using simple green but it seems the paint dulls more and more when i use it.

jtkplc
01-31-2006, 10:39 PM
http://www.microsheen.com/catalog/

greenhorizon
01-31-2006, 11:27 PM
Be careful with degreasers they tend to dull the paint. Don't let it dry on the paint. We use car wash with wax on everything. Degreaser on the tuff stuff and hard to get areas. We we wash all the equipment, truck and trailer every week. If you don't let it build up its easier and faster to clean.

Grass Man
01-31-2006, 11:59 PM
... Most of the time after I finish for the day I use compressed AIR. My feeling about washing the mower after talking to experienced people or dealer is, apparently, people are getting water into the bearings when they clean them up. Consequently, my thoughts are to give the mower a sponge bath, keeping water away from ALL moving parts :).

TURF DOCTOR
02-01-2006, 12:21 AM
We don't keeping the breathers clean seems like a waste to detail a mower.

Lawn Masters
02-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Normally, I'll take the backpack blower, clean all the heavy stuff off the mower, then the hose to blast the packed on stuff off, and if I have access to it, a pressure washer is nice to help make it look REAL clean and neat lookin.