PDA

View Full Version : Toro / Exmark ??

meets1
02-01-2006, 12:26 AM
I know i did the searches but today I talked extensively with an exmark dealer and LCO. He told me the mowers may be the same as in engines, frames, pumps etc. but the deck will blow away any TORO deck anyday which decreases his mowing time.

I have toro & nearest EXMARK dealer is about 75 miles away. So i get toro's but I have also never ran an exmark and just wondering if there is that big of difference b/t the 2 mowers? He was comparing an 05/06 model with the 52 deck. He also said there bagger system is far better than the DFS bagger by TORO??

CLARK LAWN
02-01-2006, 12:43 AM
toro owns exmark so there wont be that much of a differance. i have a toro cut a house next door to a guy with an exmark neither of us can tell a difference both do a good job

Gutterball
02-01-2006, 12:47 AM
toro owns exmark so there wont be that much of a differance.

Ditto that

Prideland
02-01-2006, 12:51 AM
Aren't the Toro decks new design this year as well Exmark ? Thats what I am seeing, I would amagine the same technology on both.

Prideland
02-01-2006, 12:52 AM
2005 Toro would have different (old) style deck I believe.

robertsturf
02-01-2006, 12:59 AM
We picked up a 62 house complex that requires bagging certain areas during the Spring growth spurt. We charge the regular mowing price plus $10.00 per 40 gal trash bag. It usually doubles the price of the mowing. With 2 Standers on the property it doesn't take that much longer using Accelorator baggers.

jtkplc
02-01-2006, 10:22 AM
We picked up a 62 house complex that requires bagging certain areas during the Spring growth spurt. We charge the regular mowing price plus $10.00 per 40 gal trash bag. It usually doubles the price of the mowing. With 2 Standers on the property it doesn't take that much longer using Accelorator baggers.

What does this have to do with the Toro/Exmark question? Did you post this in the wrong place? Otherwise, I'm lost...

daveintoledo
02-01-2006, 10:31 AM
the turbo force deck is excellent... while i honestly have no experience with the exmark.... if you search here on the toro turboforce deck you will find alot of high opinions about it...

meets1
02-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Thats just it. I searched and what you say is correct. But this guy, as nice as he was, kept saying no comparsion to TORO deck. So I just thought I would ask the "EXPERTS" in the business.

mkwl
02-01-2006, 07:38 PM
The Toro Proline and Exmark belt drive WB'S are EXACTLY the same. The deck on my 36" Toro Proline WB is exactly the same as the deck on my friends Exmark WB. :blob4:

Tonyr
02-01-2006, 08:23 PM
I owned a toro with turbo force deck 60'', 28 hp efi, the thing was awesome.

I have driven the exmark diesel, '04 model, even had both at the same place, the exmark has tighter baffling, good finish mower, the toro with the adjustable baffle can finish mow as good if not better plus has the versatility to do rough work, long grass etc better than the exmark ultra cut deck.

I don't know if one is better than the other, it comes down to the opperator to a large extent.....but knowing what I do, I'd buy the toro over the exmark.
The toro deck handles heavy thick and long grasses better, the exmark can clog, leave streaks etc, but in saying that it was a tough test, many of you wouldn't mow rough stuff anyway.

who says exmark and toro are the same machines....get both side by side, many, many differences, lots of similarities, but they aren't the same frames, not same or similar deck, different tanks.....different mowers.

when I was at my dealer I looked at 2 new '04 models side by side, the bracing on the frames are different even, at a glance they look the same, have a close look, they aren't.

the toro with turbo force deck, I haven't seen one complaint on here, they are a great deck, toro got it right with this one. 7 guage too....exmark is 10 guage and 7 guage, i.e the toro is the heavier deck, and tough as!

CrewCutEnterprises
02-01-2006, 10:17 PM
Ive owned both, Stick with what is a closer dealer,

Yea if you had an exmark, and it broke down....... 75 miles is a long drive...Unless your toro dealer can get exmark parts.

Also. I just ordered 2 new turbo force walkbehind mowers.. I get them tomarrow.. *sorry for my .02*

sanfordandsonfan
02-01-2006, 10:20 PM
I am not sure what to think. I use exmark, but have really been considering switching to toro. I like the T-bar design, and the dealer that sells the toro mowers. The only thing that scares me is I talked to a contractor last year that uses all toro and they are not happy. They say the quality of cut is crap and they are going with exmark. I used the t-bar (beltdrive) and loved it. Tried a toro z for a day and loved it. Not sure what to think.

meets1
02-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Sounds good guys. I will stick with the Toro's. I am running 4 Z with 52 deck and 4 WB with 44 deck, 3 belt driven and 1 hydro. I can't complain about our but after listening to this dealer I had to ask.

CrewCutEnterprises
02-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Sounds good guys. I will stick with the Toro's. I am running 4 Z with 52 deck and 4 WB with 44 deck, 3 belt driven and 1 hydro. I can't complain about our but after listening to this dealer I had to ask.

Hey you know dealers, they will try to sell you anything.

As for their cut, If its not 15 inches long, the cut is fine. Exmarks are more expensive, I think its the name, but toro has online parts look up... :)

ToroLandscaper
02-02-2006, 12:43 AM
As far as price i would go with toro...ihave a turbo force deck and it gives the best cut out there IMO....and toro will be less expensive then the exmark....go with the toro