PDA

View Full Version : Brickman's Exmark used equipment worthwhile buying used?

HenryB
02-01-2006, 12:51 PM
I've been seeing a lot of Exmark 60 in Turf Tracer walk behind's for sale on Ebay and in Wantads. I was told these machines are from The Brickman Group ( they just returned their 2 year old leased mowers). Are these mowers beat to death, do they do maintenance, and why are they being sold so cheap? A lot of guy's must have bought these and are now reselling them. I have enough headaches and don't want to buy more.

rodfather
02-01-2006, 01:47 PM
from what I have heard and see, run and don't look back...

MTR
02-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Down here they are US lawn co, running 1 man crew, mostly 97-99 F 150 and 6x12 trailer, and of course, always one eXmark TTHP 48" on each trailer doing service around town. Even the 03 TTHPs that used by these so-called lawn guys (new faces every other month) are so beaten up, no oil change, groan and moan like mad house...unbalanced tires...so go figure. Any eqipment from franchise or chain co being sold out cheap is the signal to say NO. You don't want to spend additional 3, 4, 500 dollars repairing all sort of problems and DOWN time. I bet their employees don't even know what is hydro relief valve and how to change filter, and the ones who know quitted to get better opportunity as always.

out4now
02-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Like any other commercial equip from a big company its most likely been beat the snot out of so pass on it. I'm sure they have calculated when it is most economical for them to turn the machines so that is a warning sign. If they are only leased then you can be sure they did not d other regular maintenance or even care about the damage done to them. If they were all turned into the dealer and had been on a service plan of some sort it would still be dicey but the fact they are turning up all over the place doesn't sound too good. Do you know any small engine mechanics that have worked on their stuff? Chances are they are using their own so you can't really ask. We don't have Brickman here yet but they are in CA so I expect them in our valley soon.

Green Care
02-01-2006, 02:04 PM
Some of them has a lot of hours on them I just saw a dual wheel tracer online the other day looks like it been worked.

HenryB
02-01-2006, 09:36 PM
Looks like Ebay has even a couple more now. I wonder what these guys paid for them?

lwcmattlifter
02-02-2006, 01:06 PM
I asked about one of the mowers, this is the response I got.

Hey Matt,
This machine was used by a large landscaping company and was very well taken care of. It was maintenanced every 50 hrs and garage kept. I do not have service records for the machine. A Exmark certified dealer has gone completely over the machine and replaced many parts. I have the records of this and it is 2 pages of new parts. The machine needs nothing and cranks right up, it is ready to cut this year and many more. Thanks

Lazer_Z
02-02-2006, 01:34 PM

Hey Matt,
This machine was used by a large landscaping company and was very well taken care of. It was maintenanced every 50 hrs and garage kept. I do not have service records for the machine. A Exmark certified dealer has gone completely over the machine and replaced many parts. I have the records of this and it is 2 pages of new parts. The machine needs nothing and cranks right up, it is ready to cut this year and many more. Thanks
Matt, Did he also say that like $200 to $300 in new parts were put on? I was looking around e-Bay and saw 3 TT 60" machines and it said close to the same thig you got as an answer.

Rob

MTR
02-02-2006, 01:40 PM

Hey Matt,

What kind of repair record is that? Every time I repaired my truck, mower, boat I always have RECEIPTS with detail work done! A mower without service records like buying a used car without history! :blob4:

lwcmattlifter
02-02-2006, 03:00 PM
Rob, he didn't give a number or say what parts were replaced. I'm thinking they just replaced tires, batteries, blades, scalp rollers, gave the engine a tune up, that kind of stuff. Thats close to 2-300 right there. I'm thinking about one for a backup mower. I asked if I could run the mower before buying. We'll see what they say. I don't see anyone buying them so it will be interesting to see if they re-list at a lower price. Some of the mowers from one seller look pretty good but there are others that you can see overspray all over the mower.

Lazer_Z
02-02-2006, 04:27 PM
Rob, he didn't give a number or say what parts were replaced. I'm thinking they just replaced tires, batteries, blades, scalp rollers, gave the engine a tune up, that kind of stuff. Thats close to 2-300 right there. I'm thinking about one for a backup mower. I asked if I could run the mower before buying. We'll see what they say. I don't see anyone buying them so it will be interesting to see if they re-list at a lower price. Some of the mowers from one seller look pretty good but there are others that you can see over spray all over the mower.
Thanks for the info Matt. The one your talking about may be a different seller than the the auction I saw. Good luck.

Rob

lwcmattlifter
02-02-2006, 08:18 PM
Rob, the seller is qualityusedequipment or something like that. He said I could test the mowers if I wanted. They are somewhere in central PA. I'm thinking this might work out as a backup mower that barely sees 150 hrs a year.

Matt

kleankutslawn
02-02-2006, 09:19 PM
good luck.

Birdjr
02-02-2006, 09:24 PM
i looked at those mowers i would def check them at first and im sure they have double the hours then they r really tellin u. those mowers r used 6 days a week wit probably 5hrs of cutting time a day. personally i would stay away from the commercial equipment its been used and abused y do u think there sellin them cuz now there gonna break and theres no warranties. unless ur a good mechanic i wouldnt buy them