PDA

View Full Version : lost the bid

befnme
02-01-2006, 09:52 PM
i recently went to a bid for the state to do an interstate weigh station. the current bid was at 9,700.00 per year cut and edged every 10 days except in non growing months. ( around 28 to 30 cuts) .thats it no frills at all. by the way you have to cut the north and south bound sides .well i bid it to where i could make a decent income on it. i have vertually no overhead all of my equip. is paid for i just pay 1 laborer ,fuel ,and parts. with my overhead taken into consideration i could make 122.00 per cut profit after expences per cut. well the winning bidder got the job at 7,200.00 per year. i figured it up with my overhead (virtualy none ) this guy is only going to make 50.00 per cut total for both sides .thats only 25.00 each for like 3 acres per side. how the h3ll do they do it ? i bid it kinda high to keep the money there but this guy just killed the bid because you know on next years bid you will have to bid around the 7,000.00 mark to get it. i hate this crap .:realmad:

jtkplc
02-01-2006, 10:42 PM
That's a bummer...I had a guy under bid me a few years ago at a Credit Union I cut. He bidded it at $150 for the entire year. I couldn't believe it, that's not enough for a month let alone the entire season. The place looked like crap, but they were trying to save money, so they hired some moron to do it. Oh well, life goes on, and there are plenty of other places to mow.

befnme
02-01-2006, 10:45 PM
150.00 per year ????????????? holy crap!!!!!!!

Norm Al
02-01-2006, 10:52 PM
if that guy loses money he wont be in business and then you can pick it up for your price!

my guess is tho the guy will do a decent job and you will be left scratching your head wondering how the heck this guy is doing this so cheap!