PDA

View Full Version : boyght a new trailer

befnme
02-01-2006, 09:54 PM
i bought a new 8 x 16 landscape trailer today .they guy i bought it from had a very sturdy gate built and put on it and it is very heavy . how do i put spring assist on it .got any pics ? or drawings ?

Green-Pro
02-01-2006, 10:12 PM
Check these guys out $180 and it will definitely save your back and shoulder.
congrats on the new trailer.

http://www.ballard-inc.com/images/ezgatelg2.jpg

befnme
02-01-2006, 10:25 PM
thanks for the link...........:waving:

grass_cuttin_fool
02-03-2006, 10:09 PM
This is what I use, it consist of 2 eye bolts and a garage door spring. I know there could be some liabilities with this set up. but it cost about 35 bux for both sides.

wayne

jim dailey
02-03-2006, 10:36 PM
This is what I use, it consist of 2 eye bolts and a garage door spring. I know there could be some liabilities with this set up. but it cost about 35 bux for both sides.

wayne

Don't mean to stir anything up...BUT...that looks real dangerous. Do a search on here and look at some of the set-ups the others have. I think you are running a lot of liability issues with that open set-up. Again, not stirring the pot...BUT...would hate to see someone get hurt.

ftgulal
02-04-2006, 12:30 AM
my set up includes a garage door spring also, but I enclosed mine in a schedule 80 pipe so none of the spring was exposed, I will post some pics tomorrow. Right now the local home depot has those springs clearanced at $10, My system has been going strong for about 2 years now with no problems. The tension is just right so that I can lift with 1 finger.

ftgulal
02-04-2006, 12:33 AM
I just looked at the link above, I will sell you the kit for $150, how many you want? my set up looks alot like that.

Royalslover
02-05-2006, 06:53 PM
I made mine with a torsion garage door spring. It sits on a shaft under the trailer and the shaft has pulleys on each end. Then cables run up to the tail gate. It works just like your average garage door. I had been using the system for about seven years and finally the spring busted this year. No damage done because the spring is located harmlessly under the trailer.