PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailer strong enough to haul skidsteer.

Eclipse
02-01-2006, 09:00 PM
I had pretty much given up on finding an enclosed trailer that was rated strong enough to haul a skidsteer. Most manufacturers I checked with said that they did not feel that their HD ramp doors were not strong enough to support the weight of a skidsteer. The main problem was the short wheelbase of the skidsteer and that fact that the entire weight of the skidsteer would be on the ramp at one time.

Anyway, I had pretty much made up my mind to get a Haulmark until today when I stopped at the Interstate dealer. They can build a trailer and ramp strong enough to load a skidsteer into and it does not drive up the cost a ton. The other great thing is that Interstate is having a spring sales promotion so their pricing is extremely competitive.

Anybody want to buy an 18' open equipment trailer.

MysticLandscape
02-01-2006, 09:30 PM
There is a guy down the street from me who hauls his bobcat in an enclosed trailer. He had is specailly ordered from the factory. I have never stopped and looked at it but i could if you want to know the make and model.

Eclipse
02-01-2006, 09:32 PM
There is a guy down the street from me who hauls his bobcat in an enclosed trailer. He had is specailly ordered from the factory. I have never stopped and looked at it but i could if you want to know the make and model.

Does the rear ramp seem to be beat up? I have seen a few local companies haul their skidsteer with their enclosed trailer and their rear ramps are bent and beat up.

ToroLandscaper
02-01-2006, 10:40 PM
I have a question, i could deal with a beatin up ramp but would the inside of the trailer be ok like would it crack or sag?

Eclipse
02-01-2006, 10:45 PM
This Interstate I am looking at has 12" OC floor crossmembers and a double 3/4" plywood floor. They assured me that the trailer would handle my 5500lb skidsteer. With a 3yr warranty they will hear about it if it doesn't.

UNISCAPER
02-01-2006, 11:34 PM
Featherlite makes a trailer heavy enough to haul a skidsteer. All aluminum. The price is an ankle holding adventure.

MysticLandscape
02-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Does the rear ramp seem to be beat up? I have seen a few local companies haul their skidsteer with their enclosed trailer and their rear ramps are bent and beat up.

I looked at it today, the door looks fine it seals nicely but it was locked so i couldn't inspect it inside and out.

Eclipse
02-02-2006, 03:15 PM
I looked at it today, the door looks fine it seals nicely but it was locked so i couldn't inspect it inside and out.

Thanks. Did you happen to look at what brand it is?

MysticLandscape
02-02-2006, 05:11 PM
It was a haulmark 24 Ft. and i beliveve the axles were 7000 lbs each?