PDA

View Full Version : Laser HP or Laser AS

bigjeeping
02-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Buying one or 2 exmarks! MAN I CANT WAIT TO DRIVE THOSE BAD BOYS

I'm debating between the HP and AS. (I dont need huge machines)
I have the comparision specs, so I know the technical differences between the two. But do you any of you have any Hands on preference between the 2 models?

The AS has the Ultra Cut Trivantage deck
The HP has the Triton Deck

Any thoughts there?

They both have different hydro pumps, and theres a few other things they vary on.

Help!

Envy Lawn Service
02-02-2006, 11:55 AM
The new Triton deck is so new it is not proven yet.
But I would demo both, because my hopes are that the Triton is an emprovement.

The 27/56" Lazer HP should make you a good machine.

jtkplc
02-02-2006, 03:11 PM
Just looking over the specs, the HP stood out to me. The HP's have more powerful engine options. Only time will tell about the Triton deck. From the few people that have tried it and posted about it on here, the feedback has been all positive. I suppose there is some degree of risk associated with the Triton being a brand new deck, however.

bigjeeping
02-02-2006, 05:01 PM
Yeah I'm leaning towards the HP. Does anyone have experience with the exmark mulch kit?

My husqvarna Z with mulch kit sucks! I have to make 2 passes (criss cross) to get all the clippings mulched. I hope to get away from that with the exmark.

GrassBustersLawn
02-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Yeah I'm leaning towards the HP. Does anyone have experience with the exmark mulch kit?

My husqvarna Z with mulch kit sucks! I have to make 2 passes (criss cross) to get all the clippings mulched. I hope to get away from that with the exmark.

I ran the mulch kit one year then decided to leave it off. In the spring, if the grass is wet, you just end up with a BIG mess. You have to double cut and then it is still a mess. I just discharge now. I tell customers in spring it needs to be cut every 4 days to look good. Some go for that and some don't.

Mike

65hoss
02-03-2006, 10:32 AM
HP...if you plan to use it professionally.

Envy Lawn Service
02-03-2006, 12:48 PM

Yeah, Husqvarna-Yazoo/Kees stuff just sucks. Don't even get me started.
Once you get a high quality machine you'll be kicking yourself even more.

Anyways, I'm still curious which unit you have. I say that because it's important to know in order to judge your expectations of mulching. I say that because as much as I hate them, some of those mowers with the OEM mulch kit can mulch like a mother if the deck is straight and set up right. About all you have to do is slow down a little and the mulching is great.

burns60
02-04-2006, 12:53 AM
I have a mulching kit on a 48 inch HP. If you can cut every week or less you will love it, but if you get behind and have to go past a week, say 10 days to 2 weeks and the grass is damp, you are in trouble. I have to take mine off when I start in the spring. I usually can just leave it own in the fall to mulch leaves and when the grass has slowed down growing anyway.

You won't like it much in the spring and summer because you will be able to use it sometimes and sometimes not. And it takes me about 30 minutes of knuckle busting to put on and take off. What I would really like to be able to do is have a dedicated mulching mower where I could just leave it set up to mulch, and have another just like it to discharge. Just yet I can't justify this expense.