PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Toolboxes

jreiff
02-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Wondering if anyone has any good pictures of trailer toolboxes that they have mounted on their trailer. Looking at putting toolboxes on all of our landscape trailer to keep chains, binder, tie down straps, etc. Wondering what works best for the rest of you, what you have and do with chains, etc.

MarcSmith
02-02-2006, 04:02 PM
I don have any pics, but I know Ive seen some that looks liek thet were coustom made diamond plate and Expanded metal and mounted to the Triangle area behind the hitch. I've also seen these areas used for gas can storage as well....

http://www.shop.com/op/aprod-~Trailer+Tongue+Box?SourceID=12

thisis what I'm tlakin about.

Good use of dead space...

just make sure you mount so you can still use the tounge jack properly....

grass_cuttin_fool
02-02-2006, 04:28 PM
I have a tool box that is made to mount in the bed of a pick up. Its 4 foot wide and about 30'' long. I have it mounted on the front of my railer and I have a hand blower, hedge trimmer and a chainsaw in it. Cost about 30-40 bux at lowes and is made of heavy plastic, doesnt rust or dent and is lockable too.

wayne

jreiff
02-02-2006, 07:10 PM
MarcSmith- I think i have seen those toolboxes before. Kind of leaning towards one of those. You have one? Looks like they work pretty well.

Anyone made a tool box out of steel or aluminum and mounted on the trailer?

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
02-02-2006, 08:09 PM
The Trailer Dealer Around Here Makes Them To Fit Your Trailer. It Is Very Simple. It Is 24x24 Inchs On The Ends And Is As Wide As The Trailer Is. Is Made Of Angle Iron And Expanded Metal With A Gate On The Front That Folds Down So That You Can Store Weedeaters And The Such. He Charges An Upchage Of $350 For This. The Only Thing I Don't Like Is You Are Constantly Exposing Your Trimmers To The Elements And If The Get Caught In The Rain, I Can Only Imagine That Is Not Good.

Allen's LS
02-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Here is another site you may want to check out.

http://www.truckstuffusa.com/chaltrailutb.html

Dirty Water
02-02-2006, 10:20 PM
I bet American Van has a few products like what you describe.

PaulJ
02-02-2006, 10:31 PM
If you don't ned something very big you can use a large army surplus ammo can. That's what I did on my little 5x8 trailer. perfect to hold tiedown straps, a few hand tools, trimmer string etc... I mounted mine to one fender and made it so it can lock. They are inexpensive and come in many different shapes and sizes.
I have another trailer (a pickup box) with a truck toolbox mounted over the tounge and that works good to but is actually bigger than I need on that trailer.
On a third trailer (a tandum axel) I built a open top out of scrap OSB over one fender that was suposed to be temporary. Well it's been in use for over two years now. Use your imagination and come up with one that suits your needs best.

Rotor-Man
02-04-2006, 02:29 PM
Had a toolbox on my old trailer, just bought a new 7x14 tandem axle trailer, and do not need it anymore. It measures 41" x 15" x 17" and is all metal [heavy]. Used it to store chains, rags, sneaker plow blade,etc. Has clasp so I could padlock it for safety sake also. Anyone looking to buy one let me know.

Lux Lawn
02-04-2006, 02:43 PM
This is what I put on the front of my 7x16.It holds a decent amount of stuff.Not sure if this is what you are looking for or not but it works out good for me.I bought it at Lowe's for like $160 I think.

gene gls
02-04-2006, 11:07 PM
The Trailer Dealer Around Here Makes Them To Fit Your Trailer. It Is Very Simple. It Is 24x24 Inchs On The Ends And Is As Wide As The Trailer Is. Is Made Of Angle Iron And Expanded Metal With A Gate On The Front That Folds Down So That You Can Store Weedeaters And The Such. He Charges An Upchage Of $350 For This. The Only Thing I Don't Like Is You Are Constantly Exposing Your Trimmers To The Elements And If The Get Caught In The Rain, I Can Only Imagine That Is Not Good.

I had one made like this only with sheet steel and expanded steel floor. Next one would be made of Aluminum..I prefer to keep my hand tools out of sight.

jreiff
02-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Had a toolbox on my old trailer, just bought a new 7x14 tandem axle trailer, and do not need it anymore. It measures 41" x 15" x 17" and is all metal [heavy]. Used it to store chains, rags, sneaker plow blade,etc. Has clasp so I could padlock it for safety sake also. Anyone looking to buy one let me know.

You have any pictures that you could post?