PDA

View Full Version : Wright 36" Sentar Sport vs. 36" Stander

GStover
02-02-2006, 06:12 PM
I have several gated yards (36" chain-link), and was looking for feedback concerning both of the above mowers. The only reason I'm considering the Sentar Sport is the Rapid Height option on the deck. I have several yards that require changing deck heights on a daily basis, and Rapid Height would sure be a plus.

I've been quoted $4100 for the 36" Stander, and $5100 for the Sentar Sport 36" with RH. I might also mention I can get the Stander with RH, but they're asking the same money for it as the Sentar Sport, so in essence, I would be getting the seat on the Sentar for free when compared the the Stander with RH.

Any feedback would be gladly welcomed and appreciated...

mcwlandscaping
02-02-2006, 06:19 PM
From my dealer, i have heard nothing but how he hates the sentars and sentar sports, go with the stander. Just me though

br549oicu8
02-02-2006, 07:13 PM
After further review....the proper abbreviation for Sentar is POS.
Piece of #$^^# if you hadn't figured it out.

topcat
02-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Dealers around here will not even sell the sentar sport or any rapid heights. Any sentar sports that they sold last year they had to take back because of problems with the adjustment system becoming worn and the deck becoming wobbly and hard to keep level. Rapid height is great idea but they say it needs more development. The regular sentar and fixed deck standers are all they will sell and they do sell alot of standers in this area.

jtkplc
02-02-2006, 07:55 PM
I've spend quite a bit of time on 52" and 61" Standers and on a 61" Sentar. In my opinion, the Sentar is the dumbest design for a lawn mower. First of all, you don't put a bicycle seat on a lawn mower with no back rest, you're just asking for back problems. Also, the location of the seat is like a catapult, so over bumps you get the brunt of it. Those two things combined make for a lot of operator fatigue and frustration. The controls on the Sentar, or at least the one I used, where very difficult to press forward and the automatic neutral return to the controls didn't work, they would stay out, so you had to pull them back to stop. Also, they say you can stand or sit on it. I couldn't stand, the controls were mounted too low, I'm 6' 1", and I had to bend down in an awkward position in order to use the controls. All in all, I would stay far away from anything with a Spanish name (sentar = to sit in Spanish). There were so many times I would have liked to run the thing into a pond.

The only bad thing I have to say about a Stander is the rough ride. If they could incorporate a suspension footplate into the mower, it would be an awesome machine. Oh, and not being able to change cut of height can be a problem, but now with the rapid height that might be taken care of, but then reading other posts from this thread I guess they are having problems with them.

Anyways, my vote is for the Stander...

What about the 34Z's that are out, that way you could sit...just a suggestion, you didn't mention it in your original post.

GStover
02-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the informative posts...I was beginning to wonder if I would get any, LOL. Anyway, I'll steer clear of the Sentars, but what about the RH on the 36" Standers...is there anything I have to worry about there. Because of my lawns, I have to adjust my deck several times daily, and without RH doing so could be time consuming...

Thanks for your input...I appreciate it...

PS. I looked into the 34Z, and that was going to be my major purchase for this season, but d'moed a Stander and was sold on maneuverability...

lonnie
02-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Man thats alot of money for a 36". Take a look at the 36" gravely prosteer belt drive. It will actually back up unlike pistol grip belts. Plus it has the quick height adjustments.

TWINTREESLAWN
02-14-2006, 10:17 AM
I have three 52" standers and bying a forth. I like the idea of the Deck adjustment. However my buddy had the sentar and had so many complaints from scalping. When he tried to sell it he couldn't get anything for it. He asked me for 3 thousand for a mower with 100 hrs. I wouldn't do it. Just wounding what choice you made. Thanks

robertsturf
02-14-2006, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't purchase the RH due to one major flaw IMO. They have a narrower tire on the rear of the machine. Narrower tire = more lbs. per square in. Which equals rutting. Just my 2 cents. BTW we own 2 52" Standers and love them. So I'm not bashing Standers as a whole.