PDA

View Full Version : 22HP Kaw. on Home Cheapo Cub Cadet???

CURBAPPEAL NC
02-02-2006, 09:20 PM
I was surprised to see home depot carrying cub cadet now. I looked at the 50" Zturn at lowes last year and it came with a 22HP B&S engine for $3K, now home depot has it with a 22HP Kawasaki engine for $3K. Does kawasaki make lower grade engines to go in these homeowner models? I do mostly small residentials and use 34Z's. Only have a few that are over 1/2 acre. I was thinking of picking up this 50" cut 22HP Kaw for $3k for big props and save hours on my gravely 34?

jtkplc
02-02-2006, 09:32 PM
Saving the money upfront would be negated by repair costs I would think. You'd be better off buying a commercial mower. I just couldn't see a home owner model lasting for very long without it costing you money to keep it running.

CURBAPPEAL NC
02-02-2006, 09:54 PM
I understand what your saying but I would only be using it very much so i figure it should last a while! Do you know how much a 50" commercial mower runs. phew!!!:dizzy: I was luck to get my gravely! My other option is a 48" commercial dual hydro w/ Velkey for 3250 slightly used!

AboveTheCut
02-02-2006, 11:58 PM
i looked at one last season and thought about buying one. this was discussed last year also. anyway, i think the pumps are cheap if i remember correctly. also, they didn't list the speed. i ended up buying a 52 lazer and i'm glad i did. but then again, only you know how you will be using it just make sure you look at everything.

good luck

FinerCutslawnCare
02-03-2006, 12:21 AM
If it were me i would save up and get commercial, because you prolly have more options, and more reliabilty. You don't have to get something top of the line but make sure it will be a good investment!