PDA

View Full Version : Ordered new trailer, what do you think?

PLS-Tx
02-02-2006, 10:22 PM
Pace Cargosport 8.5x20

2 fuel doors
bulldog coupler
54" extended tounge
6 D-rings
LED lights
3/4 kickplate
treated floor & ramp
36" side door
stoneguard
2 side flow thru vents
2 roof vents
dome lights
spare tire and mount

BladeRunner1967
02-02-2006, 10:25 PM
Looks great!!!

PLS-Tx
02-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Looks great!!!

Thanks, I can't wait to pick it up, It should be ready 1st week or March.

Eclipse
02-02-2006, 11:06 PM
So did you go with the 7,000 or 10,000 GVW? Does it have a beavertail?

I think the only thing I would have changed is the side door. I prefer a 48".

Just curious what you had to give for it. PM me if you would like.

PLS-Tx
02-02-2006, 11:14 PM
So did you go with the 7,000 or 10,000 GVW? Does it have a beavertail?

I think the only thing I would have changed is the side door. I prefer a 48".

Just curious what you had to give for it. PM me if you would like.

I got the 10,000 GVW, no beavertail.

I did think about a 48" side door, thats what the Haulmark had that I was going to get, I hope the 36" works O.K.

It was $7700 + TTL.

PLS-Tx
02-03-2006, 12:22 AM
I just got a fax from another dealer I had got a quote from in Waco Tx., Waco is about 275 miles from here. He said he would take off $500, and he would deliver the trailer.

His trailer would be $114 less than the one I posted earlier, and it has more options. It has rear corner drop-down jacks, ATP on the ramp flap, heavy duty reinforced front end.

I just thought this was interesting, I probably would have done it if I would not have told the other dealer I was going to buy from him today.

What would you do?

foggyjr5
02-03-2006, 12:48 AM
Go back and talk to th origional guy, and tell him you found a better deal, then see what he says. If he really wants your business he will re-counter that deal. If not just go for the better one.

Eclipse
02-03-2006, 12:49 AM
What would you do?

Did you give him a deposit? If not I wouldn't worry about it, just give him a call and tell him the situation. Maybe he will come down in price.

PLS-Tx
02-03-2006, 01:08 AM
Did you give him a deposit? If not I wouldn't worry about it, just give him a call and tell him the situation. Maybe he will come down in price.

No, I did not give a deposit, he said that was not required. I'm financing it thru my credit union, and I told him to send them the buyers order. I don't think I could tell him I'm not going to buy it from him after all the work he has put into this.

Don't think I'm not tempted though. I'm also concerned about warranty work, I'm not going to drive to Waco, and I sure won't be able to take it to the local dealer after backing out.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Eclipse
02-03-2006, 01:20 AM
I would then let him know about your other offer and that even though you appreciated the time he has put into this deal you are considering purchasing the trailer elsewhere because the price is so much better. Be upfront with him about the price and tell him you want to give him your business but you have to look out for your best interest too, and money being one of them. If you approach it in the right way, I am sure he would be willing to sell the trailer for less money.

Shadetree Ltd
02-03-2006, 03:35 AM
Would you really be that concerned over $114? If you feel the guy has done his share of work for you should stick with it. Just go in and ask if any of the other options might be available for a similar cost. You shouldn't lose sleep over a difference of 1.5%.

Scott

Eclipse
02-03-2006, 09:07 AM
Would you really be that concerned over $114?

I agree $114 is almost nothing when talking about a $7700 trailer. But after looking at trailer for the last couple weeks some options can add up in a hurry. Although we don't know what they are, or the cost of them I'm willing to bet they are a significant cost.

If we are only talking a couple hundered bucks here I would tend to a agree that it really is not that big of a deal because as mentioned the dealer and service after the sale means something.

PLS-Tx
02-03-2006, 10:28 PM
No I'm not going to lose sleep over $114, it's actually more than that when you add in the extra options.

I didn't even mention it to the dealer I ordered my trailer from. The way I see it I don't want my customers calling me everytime someone offers them a lower price than what I'm charging, and expecting me to lower my price.