PDA

View Full Version : Just found the place and wanted to say hi.

Bldgamerica1blockatatime
02-02-2006, 10:26 PM
:waving: Got logged in and I am ready to enjoy conversation with like minded people. I will post some pics if I ever figure out how to. I can upload, but do not know how to get them in the post.

mbella
02-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Welcome to the site. We love pics.

cgland
02-02-2006, 11:00 PM

chris

mbella
02-02-2006, 11:10 PM

chris

Dude, I know you want to be me, but what is up with that?

You copied the time and content of my post.

You even double spaced, which I know you don't usually do.

mak2
02-02-2006, 11:13 PM
We like pictures, ok landscaping and lawnmowing pictures are ok. But search calendar sometime.

mak2
02-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Oh yea, I have been on this site a long time and have never figured out how to post pictures.

PLS-Tx
02-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Welcome to the LS.

MarcusLndscp
02-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Welcome! Don't mind CGLand and MBella........they're kinda like the Beavis and Butthead of lawnsite

cgland
02-02-2006, 11:23 PM
Dude, I know you want to be me, but what is up with that?

You copied the time and content of my post.

You even double spaced, which I know you don't usually do.

How dare you embarass me in front of a new member!

Chris

Squizzy246B
02-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Hey 1Block - Welcome...now Run, run for your life...before you are afflicted!.

The Hardscaping is generally really good...the rest is beyond reasonable psycho analysis...stay at your own peril:rolleyes: :rolleyes: And don't believe anything those other guys tell you...they are big tricksters...I'm the only one here who tells the truth:dizzy: :) :rolleyes: :blob1:

Squizzy's Daily Weather Report - Perth, fine, blue skys and gentle breezes today, hit 33C (about 92F)

GreenMonster
02-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Welcome! Don't mind CGLand and MBella........they're kinda like the Beavis and Butthead of lawnsite

PurpHaze
02-03-2006, 09:41 AM
Squizzy's Daily Weather Report - Perth, fine, blue skys and gentle breezes today, hit 33C (about 92F)

Damn fine spring weather Squizzy. Now get off the freakin' computer and go build something. :p

MarcusLndscp
02-03-2006, 10:47 AM
LMAO Mark!
1Block we're really all just idiots as Green Monster just proved!:blob1:

That's a good point Purple Haze! What this aussie doing at a computer when he's got bright sunny skies all day every day? He must make too much money and just spends his days sippin on cold Fosters Beer.:drinkup:

GreenMonster
02-03-2006, 11:03 AM
LMAO Mark!
1Block we're really all just idiots as Green Monster just proved!:blob1:

I resemble that remark!

DVS Hardscaper
02-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Welcome.

We love Pics......of members WIVES. :p

As far as job pics - we love to critique them and rip them to shreds :cool:

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
02-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Welcome to the site.

sheshovel
02-03-2006, 03:16 PM
Welcome..heres how to post a pick..you can only post up to 5 pics max at a time.Go to the bottom of the page you are on and hit Go Advanced-then scroll down and hit manage attachments-then a window will pop up maxamize it then hit brouse-then click on the pic you want to post(make sure it is resized to 800x800 max or less first)and click on it-then on the right side of the brouse click on UPLOAD-then wait and do nothing else tell your file name pops up in blue on the left-that's it.if you have more to up load hit brouse again and repeat tell all your pics are there in blue.Then hit Close this window-write your post and hit Post Reply or Post and your done.

Bldgamerica1blockatatime
02-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Here a couple of pics of projects from the fall. Don't beat them up to bad, remember I am a newbie.:p

GreenMonster
02-03-2006, 08:01 PM
ok Bld1, this is what we all do now, you know, to make sure you're legit and all -- know what the hell you're doing....

looks good. How many pulls of grid on that? How many courses are buried? hmmm, I don't see drain tile -- you did put drain tile under there right? How often did you vent it? Did you have an engineer stamp on that tall wall? Did you have an engineer do soil hardness tests? How far apart from each other are those tiered walls?

That's just the beginning too. I didn't even look at the pics that hard. These other clowns will join in too :D

You like anchor, huh?

PurpHaze
02-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Here a couple of pics of projects from the fall. Don't beat them up to bad, remember I am a newbie.:p

You won't be a newbie virgin after this day is over. :p

cgland
02-03-2006, 10:21 PM
My only criticism is that I don't like walls that just stop for no reason. IMO they should continue into the grade and disappear. Just my .02
P.S. What Mark said!!

Chris

sheshovel
02-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Wheres you drainage and how come you did not come all the way around?Needs one more course.

mbella
02-03-2006, 10:31 PM

At least we are the heterosexual version. Unlike, you and your bud Marc, the homosexual version of Beavis and Butthead.:p

mbella
02-03-2006, 10:34 PM

If you want an accurate, honest critique, post close-ups. From what you posted, it looks like there are some problems, but I really don't want to comment until I see some close-ups.

Congrats for having the stones to post pics.

cgland
02-03-2006, 10:35 PM
At least we are the heterosexual version. Unlike, you and your bud Marc, the homosexual version of Beavis and Butthead.:p

Yeah! Cleavis and Buttram!

Chris

PurpHaze
02-03-2006, 11:16 PM
My only criticism is that I don't like walls that just stop for no reason. IMO they should continue into the grade and disappear. Just my .02
P.S. What Mark said!!

Chris

Ditto. Blending keeps the line of site more pleasing.

Bldgamerica1blockatatime
02-04-2006, 09:08 AM
Please reference which pic you are asking about and I will be happy to answer.
I do not have the time to get into the draintile deal this morning.. I have my reasons and industry backing on this,, but we will discuss it another time.
I do not know about you guys, but I rarely do final grade work. Two of the jobs that are pictured had dirt brought in after we were long gone. So the transitions that I believe yall are referencing will not be seen after final grade is achieved.

Thanks for all of the response to these however, I think it is awesome to have a place like this to bring your stuff too.

Squizzy246B
02-04-2006, 09:29 AM
1Block - I did try and warn you.

I think the ends of the walls in that pic will disappear into a driveway if I'm not mistaken.

Squizzy's Daily Weather Report - Fine today and blue skys in Perth, Nice southerly breeze turned up just when it was getting pretty hot, 35C (bout 95F):)

PurpHaze
02-04-2006, 10:25 AM
I do not know about you guys, but I rarely do final grade work. Two of the jobs that are pictured had dirt brought in after we were long gone. So the transitions that I believe yall are referencing will not be seen after final grade is achieved.

Cool. Then the "problem" would be taken carse of. :waving:

PurpHaze
02-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Squizzy's Daily Weather Report - Fine today and blue skys in Perth, Nice southerly breeze turned up just when it was getting pretty hot, 35C (bout 95F):)

Southerly breeze from Antarctica? :waving: