PDA

View Full Version : Blade height

garyt
02-02-2006, 11:43 PM
Say for instance that the deck on my 36 inch walk behind is 3 inches from the ground but the blades are 2 1/2 inches from the ground. Does this create an unsafe setup and cause blow out?

Is there a magic number so to speak where your blade should be in relation to the bottom edge of the outside of the deck?

Thanks

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
02-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Say for instance that the deck on my 36 inch walk behind is 3 inches from the ground but the blades are 2 1/2 inches from the ground. Does this create an unsafe setup and cause blow out?

Is there a magic number so to speak where your blade should be in relation to the bottom edge of the outside of the deck?

Thanks

If your blades are a 1/2" below the bottom edge of the deck you have a serious problem. I would say all you would have is blow out.

topsites
02-03-2006, 12:12 AM
The best position for the blades is to be flush (or even) with the bottom of the skirt.
If your blades are lower than that, you're posing a serious danger to yourself and others.
If they're higher, the quality can suffer at speed as the machine will miss blades (of grass).