PDA

View Full Version : Cub Cadet "M" Series

BESTYARDS
02-02-2006, 11:59 PM
Visited my local shop today getting prices on blower, trimmer etc. He was showing me the new(?) M 60 by Cub Cadet.

Anyone out there using this mower? They are really pushing the Cub Cadet M 60 Tank. Price is not bad, $7300 interest free for 36 months. They also handle SKAG. At first I would say no contest. On the other hand, the Tank is definitely "Commercial Grade" and the price right now is inticing.

Would like to hear from anyone who has experience with this mower.

Matt 6:33

BESTYARDS
02-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Cub Cadet "M" Series

I'm learning. After reading here that LESCO makes the TANK, went to the LESCO site and found the M60 sells for $ 1 G less as a LESCO.

Now, the question, is the LESCO considered a good investment?

Thanks to all.

riches139
02-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Wrong info.
Commercial Turf Products in Ohio makes the Cub and lesco lines.
Same machine, different paint job.
Cub also offers more engine options.

BUY Cub, hard to get any real service out of Lesco.

chefdrp
02-04-2006, 09:20 AM
I have a Lesco 54 inch and its great and so is my service. They have there own shop unlike some Lesco places.

K&M Lawn Care
02-04-2006, 07:23 PM
We have a M 48 Tank we bought in late June 2005. Been a great machine and they are built tough.

McClain
02-04-2006, 07:40 PM
My dealer is pushing it also........I dont know

parttimer
02-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Got new ztwo for my wife last year has 200hrs and not one problem cuts and stripes great.:waving: :waving:

Travis Followell
02-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Their definately one of the better machines on the market IMO.

tteckster
02-05-2006, 03:50 PM
I just purchased the M50, in my area it's the bomb!

dcondon
02-05-2006, 04:53 PM
We have 2 60" cub Tanks and a 72" Tank. Love them all!!!! They are a great mower and we haven't had much problem at all. They will stripe awsome also.:waving:

BESTYARDS
02-06-2006, 01:29 AM
Thanks all for the input. I haven't seen a lesco dealer in my area. Saw some in DFW. My shop has a good reputation. Maybe the $1 G would be well spent to get good service and parts over the life of the gig.

Thanks again

wriken
02-06-2006, 07:47 AM
Thanks all for the input. I haven't seen a lesco dealer in my area. Saw some in DFW. My shop has a good reputation. Maybe the $1 G would be well spent to get good service and parts over the life of the gig.

Thanks again

Thats the way I look at it, get a quality machine, save up to 2000.00, with the savings, you have a good head start on support equipment.:)

RRHAMMONS
02-06-2006, 08:20 AM
We are using two 60 inch tanks. On had kohler 27hp and the other is a kohler 28hp efi. I would definitely go for the efi engine because we have determined that it uses 30-40% less fuel that the other engine.

Envy Lawn Service
02-06-2006, 11:01 AM
These machines are my favorite out of them all so far.
I can't say I have been as happy with any other purchase.
All around, it's the best ZTR I have bought, and IRONICALLY also the cheapest.

It's just a better machine for less money... NUFF SAID.

If I were in your shoes I would certainly compare shops for service and also get overly nosy and make them show you something concrete about parts availability.

Beyond that, as of right now if you want any other engine option than the 25hp Kawasaki I have, you will have to go with Cub. They have a slew of choices. In addition, the warranty period through Cub Cadet is longer, or atleast it was.

tank
02-06-2006, 08:40 PM
yes the cub tank warranty is still 1 year parts and labor. and years 2&3 parts both residential and commercial

lawnrangeralaska
02-06-2006, 10:19 PM
Also look at the new Hustler's XR-7 deck ZTRS. 54,60,66,72 inch decks. 14.4 gallon tanks. 2 Year Bumper to Bumper Warranty and lifetime frame warranty and leading edge of deck. I am assuming this machine in a 54" deck is around 7,500 to 8k. Also I'm curious how well the new Tunnel Ram deck on the husqivarna mowers are doing. Or you could just buy the new Exmark with their Triton deck. I would think you would like these three mowers over the two you have choosen any day.

Envy Lawn Service
02-06-2006, 10:24 PM
Also look at the new Hustler's XR-7 deck ZTRS. 54,60,66,72 inch decks. 14.4 gallon tanks. 2 Year Bumper to Bumper Warranty and lifetime frame warranty and leading edge of deck. I am assuming this machine in a 54" deck is around 7,500 to 8k. Also I'm curious how well the new Tunnel Ram deck on the husqivarna mowers are doing. Or you could just buy the new Exmark with their Triton deck. I would think you would like these three mowers over the two you have choosen any day.

The Husqvarna is junk.
Husqvarna Turf is a crap company that makes crap equipment.
Not even in the same league.... I know first hand.

C.T. Lawn Care
02-06-2006, 10:37 PM
How does the cub and lesco machines cut in the wet dew of the morning? Do they clump bad in tall or wet grass? I am also thinking about getting one of these mowers and would like to know how they discharge. Also do you think you could buy a lesco and take it to a cub dealership to get it worked on?

Envy Lawn Service
02-06-2006, 10:45 PM
They cut great in the wet. They are baffled, but don't puke clumps or clog up.

This is a deck that just cuts everything well, chops it up fine and discharges it nicely. It's hard to get a deck that can do that here. I've tried everything but Scag mowers and these new decks coming out in '06. As far as I'm concerned the Command Cut System is at the top of the heap as of right now. None better.