PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Hitch

Allen's LS
02-03-2006, 11:13 AM
OK, long story short. I got rear ended and my standard Ball mount got all bent to Sh!t... The insurance check is on the way and I was thinking about getting a Rapid Hitch. Anyone using these? Pros, Cons??? :confused:

http://www.hitchsolutions.com/rapidhitch.html

mcwlandscaping
02-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Looks pretty sweet, would be good for someone with two trailers with different hitch sizes. Ide buy it!

grass_cuttin_fool
02-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Looks pretty good, I would be concerned that all aluminun wouldnt be strong enought but its rated for 10k so..................

wayne

Allen's LS
02-03-2006, 02:52 PM
Looks pretty good, I would be concerned that all aluminun wouldnt be strong enought but its rated for 10k so..................

wayne

Thats what I was thinking too. My last Hitch was rated at 500 toung and 5000 trailer. I still would like to hear if anyone is using one of these and if they have had any problems.

Jason Rose
02-03-2006, 03:42 PM
I saw one, one day! That's about as close as I got.. It does look like a sweet setup. Do you tow several different trailers, or just one? I have 2 trailers and 2 trucks. Neither have the same receiver tube height so I juggle receiver hitches a lot. I have 3 different set-ups and all 3 are 2" ball... It sure would be nice to have something like that one, but not for that price! I can juggle mine around a lot for that$.

I doubt the other guy's insurance will pay for anything more than an exact (or similar) replacement of your receiver hitch. Don't forget to THOURGHLY check out your hitch on your trailer too for any dmamge. Or was your trailer attached? I guess it wasn't otherwise you would be shopping for a new trailer too, lol.

I got rearended last summer, guy hit my trailer! Trashed the hitch and ball mount, banged up my gate pretty bad, and knocked the whole trailer out of square!

Allen's LS
02-03-2006, 03:53 PM
I saw one, one day! That's about as close as I got.. It does look like a sweet setup. Do you tow several different trailers, or just one? I have 2 trailers and 2 trucks. Neither have the same receiver tube height so I juggle receiver hitches a lot. I have 3 different set-ups and all 3 are 2" ball... It sure would be nice to have something like that one, but not for that price! I can juggle mine around a lot for that$.

I doubt the other guy's insurance will pay for anything more than an exact (or similar) replacement of your receiver hitch. Don't forget to THOURGHLY check out your hitch on your trailer too for any dmamge. Or was your trailer attached? I guess it wasn't otherwise you would be shopping for a new trailer too, lol.

I got rearended last summer, guy hit my trailer! Trashed the hitch and ball mount, banged up my gate pretty bad, and knocked the whole trailer out of square!

I use and borrow several different trailers with different ball sizes and heights. Its a PITA to swap them in and out all of the time. I was hit when I was towing my buddies trailer. It munched the the ramp gate. It has already been fixed. I talked with the insurance claim rep yesterday and he stated they had just sent out the check for the quotes I had gotten for them. One of which was for the hitch. In fact I need to go check the mail now...

drsogr
02-03-2006, 04:13 PM
I don't feel very comfortable with the shape of the double headed balls.

Allen's LS
02-03-2006, 04:42 PM

Why is that?

Jason Rose
02-03-2006, 04:45 PM

Yes, would you care to explain? :p :eek:

qualitylawnmanagement
02-03-2006, 05:45 PM
You may want to add a DMI hitch system. It slides out 2two feet and slides a foot to either side. Here is a picture of what I had done worth every penny. Helps out when running a salt spreader you don't have to take the salt spreader off to load a pallet of salt in the bed.

The first picture is the hitch in, the second picture is the hitch out two feet.

Mindless
02-03-2006, 06:23 PM
Check out this hitch. This will answer most towing requirements.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tow-Stow-Quick-Draw-H-D-Pintle-8-Drop-Adj-Hitch_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33653QQitemZ8006051228

greenscapes,inc.
02-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Those rapid hitches are great. I have two of them. They dont rust and there a lot lighter then the big steel ones. Very easy to adjust also.

Allen's LS
02-03-2006, 06:31 PM
I just checked the mail. I got the check. I am going to go look at some nowpayup :drinkup:

Allen's LS
02-05-2006, 10:20 AM
I went ahead and ordered it yesterday. It will be in Thursday:D