qps
02-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Hey Squizz, look what I got to play with:p

Tigerotor77W
02-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Pallet forks for an excavator! :D

Squizzy246B
02-03-2006, 06:10 PM
A PC200 Komatapillar, funny I was looking at a PC20 yesterday...just a bit smaller.

There is no better machine for house demolition than a 20-25 tonne Ex. Hope you had fun?.

qps
02-03-2006, 06:41 PM
A PC200 Komatapillar, funny I was looking at a PC20 yesterday...just a bit smaller.

There is no better machine for house demolition than a 20-25 tonne Ex. Hope you had fun?.

Like cutting thru butter with a hot knife, took about an hour....there bringing the takeuchi and cat mini's out next tues or weds to demo...now well see how the stack up side by side. let the games begin...

UNISCAPER
02-03-2006, 10:11 PM
I had some sushi once with the same name....

Squizzy246B
02-04-2006, 02:23 AM
I had some sushi once with the same name....

Bill, the correct name is "TakeyourHoochie":)

Gravel Rat
02-04-2006, 02:56 AM
Wow thats a fairly old Komatsu don't see many of those ones around kinda like old UH Hitachi's. For doing demo like that you need a excavator with a hydraulic thumb.

The local fire dept here will burn houses for practice it sure saves on the dump fees for getting rid of the debris. It gives the volunteers practice and saves the homeowner money.

tylermckee
02-04-2006, 03:52 AM
Ive only seen one big ol komatsu around here. local contractor is using it putting in 88 lots in a develpment named rock ridge. he says they beat the hell out of it so bad up in the rocks it probably gonna dig its own grave before they finish.

qps
02-04-2006, 06:30 AM
Wow thats a fairly old Komatsu don't see many of those ones around kinda like old UH Hitachi's. For doing demo like that you need a excavator with a hydraulic thumb.

The local fire dept here will burn houses for practice it sure saves on the dump fees for getting rid of the debris. It gives the volunteers practice and saves the homeowner money.

Not sure of the age but it runs great, our fire dept does the same thing but the requirements are tough to meet, thumb would have been nice but it was free to use so beggers can't be chosers.:p

qps
02-04-2006, 06:32 AM
Bill, the correct name is "TakeyourHoochie":)

I'll never live this down:)

Squizzy246B
02-04-2006, 08:35 AM
Tim, this doesn't happen too often but I just had a thought!:rolleyes:

I wonder if the Takahooches you get over there are made in the same place as the stuff we get here.??. Maybe Xing knows?. Like I said before, excellent machines we just have material and build quality issues here...they just don't seem to last that well.

qps
02-04-2006, 08:41 AM
Tim, this doesn't happen too often but I just had a thought!:rolleyes:

I wonder if the Takahooches you get over there are made in the same place as the stuff we get here.??. Maybe Xing knows?. Like I said before, excellent machines we just have material and build quality issues here...they just don't seem to last that well.

I don't know, I assume they are. we'll see when we put it side by side with the cat. I don't see myself buying anything but cat, my dealer is just to helpful, but I told the Takahooche guy I would give it a honest comparision. by the way some of your buttons on the left pilot control operate the angle on attachments...I can't figure out what all the buttons do on the 257B either:p glad to see the ceo (jacks) gave approval on the new purchase!

Squizzy246B
02-04-2006, 08:50 AM
I don't know, I assume they are. we'll see when we put it side by side with the cat. I don't see myself buying anything but cat, my dealer is just to helpful, but I told the Takahooche guy I would give it a honest comparision. by the way some of your buttons on the left pilot control operate the angle on attachments...I can't figure out what all the buttons do on the 257B either:p glad to see the ceo (jacks) gave approval on the new purchase!

Yep, Jacks gave his approval by staking a claim on one of the wheels:eek:

A quick flick through the book shows the triggers are for the electrical side. But seeing as I don't have any attachments it might be some time before I actually work it out. I always read my manuals through several times, mainly for the maintenance stuff. I have come across several operators who have functions on their machines that they never knew existed. Reading a Cat manual in bed at night is a sure fire cure for insomnia!

UNISCAPER
02-04-2006, 10:07 AM
And on the lines of a true Mini X, come hop up ideas for your 301.8.

The 301.8 is the only Caterpillar mini that uses a gear hydro pump like the high HP skidsteers to. All other Cat pumps are piston variable flow as per where the power is needed. Since the 301.8 is a gear pump on it's 19HP Perkapillar engine, there are some pretty fin things you can do to give you more ARRRRR ARRRRRR ARRRRRR POWER. The injection pump mounts to the face of the engine which sits sideways in the shroud. Rather than having a fixed setting like the way the tier 2 diesel engines are, this pump uses a series of shim sizes to regulate fuel flow....So, enterprizing sort that I am, I got me a shim kit. Since the pump is not sealed, you can change whatever you want and not void a warranty. Yesterday at lunch, I brought some tools out, and added a thicker shim to the pump, and kept on shimming until I saw black smoke belching from the machine when you bear down on a big hunk of earth.

The difference is like oh man night and day. Basicallly all I did was what we used to do to the 300 HP Maxidyne engines in my uncles gravel bombers. Juice them up and yeah they belch black under load, but they pull and last alot better.

When I told my sales rep about the finding(he used to be the service manager at Cat) he laughed and told me he was surprized it took me as long as I did to figure the shimming thing out.

Squizzy246B
02-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Hey Bill, the 301.8C has the variable displacement hydraulic pump now.

UNISCAPER
02-04-2006, 10:58 AM
As long as you can shim that injector pump and juice up the engine, I don't care of it has cables and pulleys!

And yes, I can remember the days when cables were the bomb, Koering, Bantam, Insley, Link Belt, Drott, Hein Warner, they all had them. Operators were begging to keep the cable machines because they were so much faster!

Ah the times have changed.....

Dirty Water
02-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Theres a old drott excavator in my area that still is in use. Probably from the '60's.

Gravel Rat
02-04-2006, 04:14 PM
The old Drott is probably 2 stroke leaker power too :dizzy:

Any of the contractors here all run fairly new stuff now the old high hour machines are pit machines used in the contractors yards or on a site where the machine is only used for digging out gravel.

In this area the oldest excavators you will see is a UH Hitachi as Hitachi is the most common machine used here.

coopers
02-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Jon, I like you're logo! Go hawks!