PDA

View Full Version : An idea

mcwlandscaping
02-03-2006, 07:01 PM
Ok, ive been thinking about an idea for a striper, im going to try to explain it so bear with me!! I am thinking of it for a WB for now and will be attached towards the back somewhat like a big league lawns stripe kit. Heres the idea

Have the arms connecting it to the frame of the mower spring loaded. I am unsure of what i want to do as far as a roller, This will do two things.

1- provide light but sufficient downpressure to lay down a nice stripe
2- Also allow it to move up and down with the contour of the ground, so if you came up to a high spot in the middle, you wouldn't mess up the turf there.

So, anyone have any ideas for a roller or circumstances where this may not work? if you could even understand my description!! Thanks guys

DLCS
02-03-2006, 07:07 PM
Its been done before. I can't remember the name of the company but someone posted a pic of one a few years ago.

DLCS
02-03-2006, 07:33 PM
The name of the company who made it was Gator Rator but I think they are out of business. There is a pic in this thread. http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=51552&highlight=roller

mcwlandscaping
02-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Thanks for the posts, i think im going to try out my design to see what i come up with, nothing else to do with my time!!

befnme
02-03-2006, 08:05 PM
the one in the pic in the link looked like it scrubbed the tires...

mcwlandscaping
02-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Hmm, i didn't happen to see this, but i am going to try it on my eXmark. Could anyone telll me experiences they have had with different types of roller (ie, plastic steel, etc.) Thanks