PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Help

gartj
02-03-2006, 07:27 PM
This year we took on quite a large office complex (25 Buildings) for landscape maintenance. My question is does anyone know of a website that I can purchase things like trash grabber picker up things (don't know the scientific name for them), the things that pick up trash without having to bend over. Also looking for some sort of rolling trash can or some sort of bag that hangs on the body to put the trash into. My guys are hating everyday they have to go out to pick up trash from there so any help would be related.

Cutters Lawn Care
02-03-2006, 07:30 PM
I've seen the trash pick up things at Home Depot. The bags I've seen at lesco.

McClain
02-03-2006, 08:02 PM
For both the grabber and the bags or rolling can......

JKOOPERS
02-03-2006, 08:04 PM
CHECKOUT WWW.GEMPLERS.COM THEY ARE HIGH PRICED BUT HAVE EVERYTHING

LawnTamer
02-03-2006, 08:04 PM
I'd try Gempler's they have about everything and you can buy on line. Lesco does have the bags, they even velcro closed at the top If you don't have a lesco nearby go to their web site.

specialtylc
02-03-2006, 10:07 PM
I have a large shopping center that I do which includes a Wal Mart. Needless to say its got a lot of trash to pickup every week. Its faster to just bend over and pick it up with your hands. The grabber tools are too slow and clumsy. Cant pick up smaller bits of paper and stuff on the pavement.At least this is what I have found to be true.

LwnmwrMan22
02-03-2006, 10:23 PM
The nicest grabbers are from Home Depot, $20 / each. They're about 38-39" long.

What I do, is put a 4-5 gallon bucket between my feet on the mower, and just grab while I mow. This way you're not covering the same ground twice.

As for the small paper, it all depends on what your contract calls for. If you've got to pick up every single 1/3 piece of gum wrapper, it's going to be miserable either way.

However, the grabbers are nice for anything larger than a cigarette butt. Even those can be grabbed fairly easily with a grabber once you're used to it.

Usually pop bottles, kleenex, etc., can be picked up while you're mowing without slowing down. Again, once you're used to it.

ed2hess
02-03-2006, 10:30 PM
One nice advantage of Walker you can pick up trash from the seat. We put our trash in fertilize bags...very cheap.

LawnBoyatWork
02-03-2006, 10:37 PM
Walmart has pickers for around $10 and they bend in half.
Handyman Ace Hardware has them for around $15.
Home Depot Has them for around $20.

I have tried all three and concluded that home depot is the better buy because they are made to last.

Have you ever thought about using a five gallon bucket to pickup trash?

McClain
02-04-2006, 07:19 AM
once you get use to it, its great when you mow and I do some trk stops so they are great for those slick rubbers........lol