PDA

View Full Version : Build your own trailer Kits?

grassmanak
02-03-2006, 10:09 PM
Has anyone ever seen some sort of a kit for a trailer. like a kit with maybe just the metal and you put the would and stuff on?

RedWingsDet
02-03-2006, 11:25 PM
IMO. Its cheaper to just buy a trailer already built, you'll spend more money in the long run if you buy the kits. Thats just my oppinion.

justanotherlawnguy
02-04-2006, 01:02 AM

grassmanak
02-04-2006, 01:18 AM

KeystoneLawn&Landscaping
02-04-2006, 02:00 PM
much better just buying one....besides, most of the kits I have seen arnt big or strong enough for our business.....when ya do buy...get the biggest heavy duty trailer you can afford and pull behind your truck....can never have enough room or suspension!...nothing wrong with a good used trailer either

grassmanak
02-04-2006, 04:30 PM
much better just buying one....besides, most of the kits I have seen arnt big or strong enough for our business.....when ya do buy...get the biggest heavy duty trailer you can afford and pull behind your truck....can never have enough room or suspension!...nothing wrong with a good used trailer either

Thats what im thinking, i would like to buy an enclosed similar to what you have, so ill probably just wait a little longer

J & B Lawncare
02-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Hello

I put together a trailer kit several years ago for my boss. Everthing as included except the flooring. It was only a 4 x 8 trailer and we put 3/4 ply on for flooring. It was realy only good for lightweight hauling but it did go together easily and quickly. if I remember correctly it was pruchased from TSC.

J & B Lawncare