PDA

View Full Version : Any Good News on the Metro 26?

kevinsky
02-04-2006, 12:01 PM
I am interested in this mower to replace our 21" Toros. Have the bugs been worked out of it yet?

sildoc
02-04-2006, 12:49 PM
As of last mid summer the local dealer had responded to exmark over 50 times for broken cables and some transmision problems. Exmark responded back stating that they will send them many more cables and waranty all the work no matter what. They also stated completly redesigning the cable and trans to make it stronger. However since it has been the off season the several people I know that have the 26 have not been using them due to the weight and soft turf. Therefor no new waranty claims have been made and I have not looked into the 26 since.
I am guessing if you posted on the exmark site they would be able to tell you what changes have been made or any modifications that could be done to the initial release mowers.
As all of this has been hearsay from the dealer and other companies that own the 26, I have no reason not to belive what they relayed to myself.
I have really been interested in the 26 but will wait untill all the quirks are worked out.

True Cut Lawn Maintenance
02-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Talked to the exmark rep yesterday at our dealers Commercial cutter open house and he said somthing about they moved the blade brake clutch to the top side of the deck, as they were having problems with grass getting into it or somthing on the underside. he didnt say anything about cables, but that was the first thing they covered and i got there a hour late.

z_clark
02-04-2006, 01:21 PM
I took my exmark 26" back last year. Exmark did good on it, and gave a total refund. I took mine back not only because it continued to break, but because it was slower than a 21".

We are faster with the 21" because they are MUCH quicker to turn and handle. Much easier to get on and off the trucks too!

joed
02-04-2006, 01:34 PM
I have had the Exmark 26" since last May and have had numerous problems with it. I was in contact with Exmark from July until November. They kept sending up update kit after update kit but to no avail. The unit is slow and is a horrible mulcher. Along with many other problems with the bag, cables, etc., this unit has been a pain in the butt. It is also very heavy to operate on a daily basis. Exmark then told me that the Canadian distributor and my local dealer would work out some sort of deal for me to return the unit. Well, that took another 2 months. A few weeks ago, my dealer met with the Canadian distributor and basically, they will not refund the unit. Apparently, a new update kit with some 30 upgrades have been sent and the 05 models would be upgraded with them. This is supposed to happen in late February. My dealer was then told that the 06 models have been redesigned and include a much more studier transmission. That is not very fair to those of us sitting with 05 lemons. Either a refund or a new 06 model should have been forthcoming. If I were you, I would hold off until you see how this 06 model performs.