PDA

View Full Version : Need some feedback on Yazoo/Kees Diesel Mower

greeninga
02-04-2006, 04:21 PM
Do any of you guys run this mower? What kind of experience have you had on it. Also what did any of you guys pay on it? Thanks

M G

Green King
02-04-2006, 10:24 PM
I had one good machine. I would probably still have it but my dealer was and is getting screwed by carswell. I checked it out it is true. My dealer is good to me and so he ended up taking it on trade for an Encore Diesel. The Yazoo is a good smooth machine and has very good power! The only draw back is the length of the machine and the spindles are a little weak! There are several guys in this area with them and everyone is pretty happy with the machine.

Green King
02-04-2006, 10:38 PM
A good member to ask about the Yazoo is Rebelmachine he has one with almost 2000hrs. on it. He is the diesel king in this area using 9 diesel powered Z mowers.

WREBELMACHINE
02-06-2006, 01:38 PM
I have two 34hp 72" YK Mega Max mowers they have been really good except the spindles are weak. My dealer fixed that problem by putting encore spindles in the machine. Make sure you have a good dealer which I do.

Green King is right about carswell I will probably be trading my YK mowers in for something else because of unfair treatment to my dealer. I have become good friends with my dealer and he treats me right. After reading some of the posts by envy I just could not understand why he was having so many problems because my dealer has just taken care of me. Now my dealer is being harrassed because he also carries other lines and carswell is trying to dictate what he sells. Also they have apparently or are going to try to sell directly to the public around here. Very Dumb on there part I am not going to buy from someone I can not look straight in the face and get a problem solved.

As far as the Yazoo product it is good but the support from carswell is poor and I would recommend that if your dealer is distribated by carswell I would buy from someone else.

milo
02-06-2006, 02:07 PM
hi yes the yazoo is a great mower and mine gives the best cut out of any mower i have used. they are up there with all the good ones..

WREBELMACHINE
02-07-2006, 06:09 PM
Milo is correct the YK does do a good cut except it does a lot of blow out in the front of the deck.

Green King
02-07-2006, 08:01 PM
I will second the blow out, not as bad on the 72" as the 61".

Envy Lawn Service
02-11-2006, 01:07 AM
As I just finished stating in the other thread, yes Carswell sucks. But once you have been as far down that road as I have, you'll figure out they are just following protocol.

You'll figure that out when you get fed up enough to pick up the phone and go around Carswell to call someone at Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna Turf-Electrolux. It won't take long to figure out you just went from bad to worse.

BOTH are headquartered here in North Carolina.

If they do like I hope they do and run themselves completely in the ground, hopefully someone decient will buy them up. What they need is a good "Hatchet Man" owner. If someone AXED the whole management chain and replaced the support structure, that would take care of a large portion of the problem. Then they would need someone to crack the whip in raw materials, design, process, and most of all quality control and distribution. The product has potential. But not so long as it is owned and managed by this bunch...

WREBELMACHINE
02-11-2006, 02:04 PM
I just got off the phone with my dealer and I am sure that Green King and I are using the same guy. Anyhow I have traded mine off now for diffrent equipment I stayed with my dealer who flat does what it takes to take care of me and just about every cutter around here. Too bad for Yazoo I think there is going to be a lot of Yazoo on ebay for sale!

mmacsek
02-11-2006, 02:13 PM
As I just finished stating in the other thread, yes Carswell sucks. But once you have been as far down that road as I have, you'll figure out they are just following protocol.

You'll figure that out when you get fed up enough to pick up the phone and go around Carswell to call someone at Yazoo/Kees-Husqvarna Turf-Electrolux. It won't take long to figure out you just went from bad to worse.

BOTH are headquartered here in North Carolina.

If they do like I hope they do and run themselves completely in the ground, hopefully someone decient will buy them up. What they need is a good "Hatchet Man" owner. If someone AXED the whole management chain and replaced the support structure, that would take care of a large portion of the problem. Then they would need someone to crack the whip in raw materials, design, process, and most of all quality control and distribution. The product has potential. But not so long as it is owned and managed by this bunch...
What am I missing? What is Carswell and how do they come into the picture? I feel I'm being thick skulled but.... thanks Matt

Envy Lawn Service
02-11-2006, 02:29 PM
I just got off the phone with my dealer and I am sure that Green King and I are using the same guy. Anyhow I have traded mine off now for diffrent equipment I stayed with my dealer who flat does what it takes to take care of me and just about every cutter around here. Too bad for Yazoo I think there is going to be a lot of Yazoo on ebay for sale!

Congrats on your decision and good for you for supporting the dealer who has supported you. I know he has done more for you than you know.

I've seen a lot of these mowers for sale used on e-bay and everywhere else.
I for one know why and a few others are figuring it out also.

Envy Lawn Service
02-11-2006, 02:32 PM
What am I missing? What is Carswell and how do they come into the picture? I feel I'm being thick skulled but.... thanks Matt

Carswell is a major outdoor power equipment distributor.
The middle man.

They have a MAJOR hookup with Yazoo/Kees as the main distrubutor for much of the US.
Birds of a feather flock together.

mmacsek
02-11-2006, 03:41 PM
Thanks Envy. Matt

Envy Lawn Service
02-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Folks reading this should also refer to:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=115746

I put a lot of info in post #40 just now...

Green King
02-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Carswell is also a distributor for Great Dane and Bobcat. I would be carefull if they are the distributor in your area.

Envy Lawn Service
02-12-2006, 01:49 PM
Carswell is also a distributor for Great Dane and Bobcat. I would be carefull if they are the distributor in your area.

Yeah, I have told some Great Dane owners that it was likely Carswell was responsible partially for all their PARTS grief. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out though. See Great Dane was purchased from John Deere by Everride. When Everride first released the Warrior ZTR, Carswell picked up distribution of Everride. But after a while, that was no more. According to Carswell, they dumped Everride because the company and product just had too many problems.

Who knows the truth. But now that Everride owns Great Dane, it will be interesting to see if there are any distribution changes.

The dang wierd part about all this is that Bob-Cat owners don't seem to be complaining. Maybe the Bob-Cats are just much better machines than the other two and rarely need anything. Or maybe Textron Corp just doesn't put up with any BS from their distributors, dealers, ect. Or maybe everything except the supply of machines is routed factory-to-dealer-direct.

Something is different or Bob-Cat owners ain't talking.

Green King
02-13-2006, 07:56 PM
Rebel said it correct dealer is great. Carswell and apparently YK do not care about there dealers or there customers like me. It sounds like and looks like this is a nationwide problem with this brand to bad because the Mega Max is a good machine.

Envy Lawn Service
02-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Rebel said it correct dealer is great. Carswell and apparently YK do not care about there dealers or there customers like me. It sounds like and looks like this is a nationwide problem with this brand to bad because the Mega Max is a good machine.

Yup, that's it in a nutshell.

I think it is too bad too. It's a shame really, and the same goes here as I said in post #8.

As far as the Mega Max itself. I was on that machine trying it out before most people knew it existed. It's a beastly mower that's for sure and not many other end users out there could tell you the true meaning behind the 'BAM' name it ended up with for Husqvarna.

But the Mega Max was just not a machine fit for the terrain here. Nobody here ever bought one, nor did any ever sit at the dealers here. But at the time, I thought that mower would really be something out in the open flat country. Overall I'm glad I felt that was the case and I never spent that money with Yazoo/Kees.