PDA

View Full Version : what percentage of your customer are the elderly??

afftandem
02-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Best customers Ive ever had... loyal, never lost one that I got.. Have to chitchat with them a little, but dont mind.

Id say 90% of mine were over 65.

Jpocket
02-04-2006, 08:40 PM
About 2% of my customers are elderly. My target customer is the younger to mid Aged working professional, with a daul income household usually Six figures.

ArkansasLawns
02-04-2006, 09:16 PM
I'd have to say about 70% of my customers are over 65 and retired. 90% of those are widows. Yes they like to talk some, most offer me a glass of water or a soda pop. They are usually never late with payment and it seems they usually ask if I want a check right there on the spot.

deereman
02-04-2006, 09:22 PM
One of our accounts I would have to say about a 125 of them...........LOL. As we have a nursing home facility that has 125 beds. But other than that I do mostly commercial accounts.

ed2hess
02-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Best customers Ive ever had... loyal, never lost one that I got.. Have to chitchat with them a little, but dont mind.

Id say 90% of mine were over 65.
Check back with us in about 10 years with a progress report on how well you are doing! I have experienced it all with old people and they are definitely the most difficult customers to deal with long term. We still have about 25 that we started with 25 years ago so we try. You might have found a good place to target your business. How many pay on line or give you their credit card number?

procut
02-04-2006, 09:50 PM
About 20% elderly, not my target customers, every PITA I've ever had was elderly.

Scag413
02-04-2006, 11:41 PM
Right now, 50% of my customers are elderly. Personally I do not mind it at all. I really think that they we should make more time to talk with them because they know alot more than we do. One elderly couple I work for just sold me a beautiful Ford F-150 for a great price. At least a couple thousand less than what it is worth. I have really built a great relationship with them. I would never change that for the world!

Cobra Jock
02-04-2006, 11:45 PM
Move to Florida, they're all older than dirt and die halfway thru the season! hehehehehe:)

Greg

weve
02-05-2006, 02:25 AM
In the village of 1,000 people where I do most of my work, 70% of my residential customers are in their 70's, 80's, and 90's. Most younger people mow their own lawns.

tiedeman
02-05-2006, 02:45 AM
I would say about 40% of my accounts are elderly. The rest are working families.

This is what I have found out, the working families might complain more about the quality of service, but not about the price, while the elderly complain more about the price, then the quality of service. Strange

JustMowIt
02-05-2006, 08:06 AM
Older people usually live in older neighborhoods of larger lots, overgrown landscapes, & older trees and none of these items fit into our program. We mow, edge, trim & blow in 8 to 12 min., so no time for chatting, waiting for them to write out a check, trimming a branch off the tree, raking the leaves, or trimming around a bunch of pots in the middle of the grass.

But, for a solo that has the time, the pay is good.
MJ

Brianslawn
02-05-2006, 08:15 AM
Older people usually live in older neighborhoods of larger lots, overgrown landscapes, & older trees and none of these items fit into our program. We mow, edge, trim & blow in 8 to 12 min., so no time for chatting, waiting for them to write out a check, trimming a branch off the tree, raking the leaves, or trimming around a bunch of pots in the middle of the grass.

But, for a solo that has the time, the pay is good.
MJ

the elderly are either broke, or just cheap around here. we wont even go into bella vista, cause of that, and yards are like you just described. we like the new subdivision lots the best, where even a 2 man crew for us can score them in the 10-12 min range.

hope youre enjoying your winter break.