PDA

View Full Version : Attachment Brands

cddva
02-04-2006, 09:41 PM
I purchased a new ASV RC50 near the end of December with a 4N1 bucket. Now I'm considering purchasing a root grapple and auger. Just wondering what the opinions are on after market attachments. Anyone have experience with Quick-Attach or Skid-Steer Solutions attachment brands?

loweride
02-19-2006, 07:41 PM
Lowe Mfg makes augers for ASV. www.loweman.com

I know a little about them - hence my username :)

ksss
02-20-2006, 12:26 AM
My name has nothing to do with Lowe manufacturing but I have a Lowe auger 1650E I think. It has dug about million holes and runs like a champ. I have used it well beyond its spec. (40 gpm at 3K psi) and never a problem. They are a good auger. As far as attachments go, like everything else you get what you pay for.

cddva
02-20-2006, 10:29 PM
Thanks for the replies. It looks like its two nothin' in favor of Lowe Augers! I've heard others say that Lowe makes good quality augers. Considering augers and trenchers are their bread and butter they better be good, right?!
I sprung for a Bore Pig auger and Quick Claw grapple from Quick Attach. I'm impressed with the fit, fabrication and smooth operation. Of course they have a long way to go to be able to say if they can "stand the test of time". I hear ya as far as you get what you pay for. I also picked up a tree shovel from Skid Steer Solutions and had to grind a good bit of metal off the lower attachment plate slots in order to get the universal mounting pins to latch. I'll think twice before I order from them again. Has anyone else had a similar experience with attachments?:usflag: