PDA

View Full Version : Help possibly buying a used 60' exmark

BillyRgn
02-05-2006, 01:17 AM
i was wondering if any body could tell me if this is a good deal. and possibly how much longer this mower will last. it is an Exmark 60'' laser with the 25 hp kohler engine it has about 2500 hours on it and has been well maintained, my buddy said he will sell it to me for $3,000, is this a fair price ? i have used the machine before and it cuts well and runs well. he replaced a clutch and the steering dampers last season and it has newer rear tires. any info will help. thanks guys. bill

GLEquipment
02-06-2006, 08:53 AM
Good Morning Bill,
I am an Exmark Dealer in the Virginia Beech area .The price that he is asking is fair for the age of the mower.Does it have the original engine? and have any of the hydro system been replaced?The Kohler engines start to show their age around 2000 hours and the hydro system will to if it has not been maintained.Hope this help out a bit.Thanks and have a great day

Walt

palawnman
02-06-2006, 09:06 AM
I was thinking along the same lines, the price isnt bad. The only thing that would really worry me is that , is usually around the time for a new engine. I would try to see if he has replace any other parts on it. Thats why I would never consider buying a mwer with that many hours on it. I can afford the $3000 for the mower, but then you have to think that what if something goes, its probably going to be something big, and that I cant afford. You might be better off trying to buy a mower a little newer, which translates into a little longer life. Just my .02

Ron

Itzkcatz
03-30-2006, 06:20 PM
The local exmark dealer here sells used z mowers with around 1000-1500 hours for 3000-3500 so i would say its to steep