PDA

View Full Version : Worlds Fastest Bass Boat........

geogunn
02-05-2006, 02:57 PM
these boats are fast....

www.allisonboats.com

GEO :)

grass_cuttin_fool
02-05-2006, 03:33 PM
I remember them from the late 80's. I used to fish bass tournies and back then a 200 hp was king of the hill. I had a stratos 201 pro with a Johnson GT200 hp engine. There were 2 of the Allison boats that fished the same tournies as I did and I think they were rated for unlimited HP. At that time Mariner had a 220hp engine and man were they fast. My boat would top out at about 72-73 mph and the Allison would blow on by me. If my memory serves me correct, they were tunnell hull boats and they really handled good too. I would guess thoose older boats toped out at near 80 mph then. No telling nowadays with the engines out there.

wayne

Mr.Mow-It-All
02-05-2006, 04:31 PM
these boats are fast....

www.allisonboats.com

I looked at the site briefly, but could not find a top speed. I always heard that the bullets (or maybee it was the bumble bees, I can't remember).were the fastest. They will do well over 100 mph.

Olylawnboy
02-05-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm not much of a fisherman so I have to ask, why would one want or need a fast bass boat much less the worlds fastest? I just have no clue :)

olderthandirt
02-05-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm not much of a fisherman so I have to ask, why would one want or need a fast bass boat much less the worlds fastest? I just have no clue :)

To catch the worlds fastest bass of course :)

Olylawnboy
02-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Gosh I should have expected that:) but really, what's the story? I just don't get it. Really!

geogunn
02-05-2006, 11:35 PM

DING-DING-DING!!! MAC is the winner! most bass are way too fast for me to catch and I am not willing to pay for an ALLISON.

MR. MOW IT--the speed record for that boat XD-2002 is 115 MPH. I dunno about the motor on that record run.

ALLISON, BULLITT, NORRISCRAFT are made right here.

GEO :waving:

Olylawnboy
02-05-2006, 11:56 PM
Come on guys, is this all just a joke and I just havn't gotten it yet?

geogunn
02-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Come on guys, is this all just a joke and I just havn't gotten it yet?

is your being from washington state a joke as well?

GEO :dizzy:

PMLAWN
02-07-2006, 03:47 PM
ROTFLMAO:p :p

TLS
02-07-2006, 04:09 PM

Bass tournaments are won by those who know where the fish are. First one to an area has dibs on it. You get there first, catch the most fish, and be back to the dock for weigh-in. The faster the boat, the more time to fish.

K.Carothers
02-07-2006, 08:52 PM
Bass tournaments are won by those who know where the fish are. First one to an area has dibs on it. You get there first, catch the most fish, and be back to the dock for weigh-in. The faster the boat, the more time to fish.

Very true. Don't forget about the down time when fishing rivers. You have to stop and wait at each lock. Sometimes you could be there for over an hour waiting.

kc

Olylawnboy
02-07-2006, 09:25 PM
TLS and kc, thanks for your insight. Like I said, I had no clue. And I didn't even know bass lived in rivers. So this is really a sporting event? Where is this done? The lakes in my neck of the woods have speed limits and I can't really see a bunch of high powered boats zipping aroung like that at those speeds. But what do I know.
And GEO, I won't even pretend to understand your comment. Did I say something to piss you off?

geogunn
02-07-2006, 09:55 PM
TLS and kc, thanks for your insight. Like I said, I had no clue. And I didn't even know bass lived in rivers. So this is really a sporting event? Where is this done? The lakes in my neck of the woods have speed limits and I can't really see a bunch of high powered boats zipping aroung like that at those speeds. But what do I know.
And GEO, I won't even pretend to understand your comment. Did I say something to piss you off?

OLY--I owe you an apology. I hope you will pardon me for not understanding that you haven't a clue of what you speak.

I didn't understand the situation of you being genuinely uninformed and I wound up being the smartass by responding like I did. which BTW, I am a smartass.

rather than me going into it, why don't you google "bass fishing"?

I am certain there are many articles that can explain better than myself.

again, sorry for me being a smartass.

GEO :waving:

Olylawnboy
02-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Thanks GEO, your a good man. And so for you to know, I didn't google it as I was seeing it here at the time, and in hind sight I would have. I had no idea what to goggle :) Right now I have no idea how such a thing can take place, maybe the lakes in your or other areas are large enough and unocupied enough to alow this kind of activity. It shure couldn't happen here, and it does sound kind of fun:) So, this is a contest to catch the most fish, #'s of fish? Not just the biggest fish? Any links to help me understand this all?

dfischer
02-08-2006, 01:03 AM
most weight over limited time, and a limit to the number of fish as well. So you'll see an early start over somewhat calmer water, typically at speed to the whatever preferred spot, fish to bitter end (relocate as needed), blast back to the dock. Once you're at your qty limit you start releasing little ones as you catch bigger ones.

I'm not aware of the pro's trying to go 100 mph. At some point it's only saving seconds and taking insane risks. I'd guess 200-225 hp to still be the upper end norm.

Yes, plenty of big lakes in the MW, South, and etc..

grass_cuttin_fool
02-08-2006, 05:19 AM
Thanks GEO, your a good man. And so for you to know, I didn't google it as I was seeing it here at the time, and in hind sight I would have. I had no idea what to goggle :) Right now I have no idea how such a thing can take place, maybe the lakes in your or other areas are large enough and unocupied enough to alow this kind of activity. It shure couldn't happen here, and it does sound kind of fun:) So, this is a contest to catch the most fish, #'s of fish? Not just the biggest fish? Any links to help me understand this all?
Ive been out of the loop for a few years, but do a search for B A S S. It is a national fishing tournament series and it even has a local level of competition that is found in all the states. Also the Walmart FLW series is another group that has fishing tournaments. ESPN on saturday carries alot of the tournaments and highlights as well as the final weigh ins to see who wins

wayne

yardmanlee
02-08-2006, 07:27 AM
fishes a lot of the local tournments around here we have a club that we fish
about 5 lakes in the area, its great to get out on the water and just relax
cant wait till march when they start up again, and btw you dont have to have the fastest boat to win !!!! ya just gotta know where the fish are !!!

grass_cuttin_fool
02-08-2006, 07:29 AM
fishes a lot of the local tournments around here we have a club that we fish
about 5 lakes in the area, its great to get out on the water and just relax
cant wait till march when they start up again, and btw you dont have to have the fastest boat to win !!!! ya just gotta know where the fish are !!!
Im 2 lakes from you, Im near the lower end of Leesville Lake, former member of the Staunton River Bassmasters

wayne

yardmanlee
02-08-2006, 08:12 AM
we fish smith moutian lake, clator lake, philpot lake/ res.lake moomaw and
kerr/ buggs island

grass_cuttin_fool
02-08-2006, 08:17 AM
I fish mainly Leesville now, and then I float the river on my canoe and catch small mouth below Leesville dam down to Altavista.

wayne

yardmanlee
02-08-2006, 08:21 AM
how bout briery creek res. if that is spelled rite havent made it there yet
but will try really hard this year

grass_cuttin_fool
02-08-2006, 08:42 AM
I never have been, its a horsepower restricted lake, 10 hp or less i think and Ive heard the best fishing is way up the Res. and its really hard on batteries and not a good place for a 20 ft boat lol. From what Ive seen and been told, they just flooded the forest and most of the trees are still standing way above the water line. But Ive heard great stories about the fishing.

wayne

geogunn
02-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Right now I have no idea how such a thing can take place, maybe the lakes in your or other areas are large enough and unocupied enough to alow this kind of activity.

OLY--here is a pic of one lake I fish that is only minutes from the house.

as you can see, the lake is quite large, approximately 30,000 acres and it is a head water lake. the shoreline in the distance is not the end of the lake.... it is a turn in the channel. the lake is about 25 miles long.

the TENNESSEE RIVER is 652 miles long and is comprised of many dams forming very large lakes.

yardmanlee
02-08-2006, 10:12 AM
thats what I heard about as well has some friends that has fished it but
I have a 17ft 115hp bass boat and it would kill my batteries too and waiting to fish the james for some smallies my buddy has a nice river boat but we can't
ever get our times right together

PMLAWN
02-08-2006, 07:48 PM

You are trying to catch the most weight. # of fish can only be 5 so try for the biggest fish. BASS tourney will bring out thousands of people. We have one every year or two on Lake Norman (NC). Millions are won. Sport is so big that Mickey Mouse bought it!

Back to the Allison. Is not that boat aluminum And also don't they have a HP limit in the B.A.S.S

PMLAWN
02-08-2006, 07:56 PM
OLY--here is a pic of one lake I fish that is only minutes from the house.

as you can see, the lake is quite large, approximately 30,000 acres and it is a head water lake. the shoreline in the distance is not the end of the lake.... it is a turn in the channel. the lake is about 25 miles long.

the TENNESSEE RIVER is 652 miles long and is comprised of many dams forming very large lakes.

GEO :) I'm on Lake Norman, We have had B.A.S.S here a few times.
Deepest point over 100 feet, 32510 acres, 520 miles of shoreline, ( more than North and South Carolina coastlines combined). Speedlimits???? , most of the race drivers have boats that go over 80 MPH. The bass boats hide:p

Your picture makes me want to go fishing---just went to the boat show this weekend

geogunn
02-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Speedlimits???? , most of the race drivers have boats that go over 80 MPH. The bass boats hide

the bass boats hide? most of the bass boats here will do more than 80.......:eek:

the pic I posted is of a boat that is the fastest in the world and ran at 115 mph.

and the record holder boat is not the boat pictured. the record holder is a plain production model just like the one in the pic.

anyone with $50K plus to spend can own the fastest bass boat in the world.

grass_cuttin_fool
02-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Here is a picture of my river boat.HE HE top speed is about 5 mph, maybe 15 in the rapids lol.

wayne

Allen's LS
02-08-2006, 10:05 PM
I tried that bass fishing a couple of times. Didn't like it much. Too small and no fight. Do any of your fish for Steelhead or Salmon??

geogunn
02-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Do any of your fish for Steelhead or Salmon??

YUP. been there and done that. fishing for those two is total bs. no challenge.

I had to stick a gloomis bass rod rod up a guy's ass once for telling me I looked like a salmon fisherman.

GEO :dizzy:

Allen's LS
02-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Funny.... :) I guess it depends on what part of the country your in that determins what fishing is to you. :drinkup: But no matter what fishing it is. There is always beer. :drinkup:

geogunn
02-08-2006, 11:11 PM
Funny.... :) I guess it depends on what part of the country your in that determins what fishing is to you. :drinkup: But no matter what fishing it is. There is always beer. :drinkup:

I can drink to that...!

GEO :drinkup: :drinkup:

K.Carothers
02-08-2006, 11:25 PM
I tried that bass fishing a couple of times. Didn't like it much. Too small and no fight. Do any of your fish for Steelhead or Salmon??

Actually, the smallies are one of the best fighting fish...pound for pound.

kc

iluvscag
02-08-2006, 11:49 PM
Fly past our Ranger. Probably blow my hat off.

yardmanlee
02-09-2006, 07:00 AM
wayne I've fish out of those on some ponds but not enough room for me to stretch out my legs, and I would have thought that norman was deeper than that !!!!! lake moomwaw has some spots deeper than 385 ft and not far from the shoreline. and I disagree w/ that other guy !!! no fight ?? he must be catching some very small fish !!!! maybe he should try some striper fishing !!

PMLAWN
02-09-2006, 10:48 AM
the bass boats hide? most of the bass boats here will do more than 80.......:eek:

the pic I posted is of a boat that is the fastest in the world and ran at 115 mph.

and the record holder boat is not the boat pictured. the record holder is a plain production model just like the one in the pic.

anyone with $50K plus to spend can own the fastest bass boat in the world.

Top end will almost always go to the bass boat but the wave action on Sat. or Sun. will keep most off the lake.
During the week when the drivers and teams are home they will come out and play in 40 foot plus boats that will do over 100.
( some have even gone so fast that they fly out of the water and land on I 77 at 2:AM:p But thats another story)

We do have a tournament every Monday night and the gun is a great thing to watch. Normally about 50 boats.

geogunn
02-09-2006, 11:02 AM
During the week when the drivers and teams are home they will come out and play in 40 foot plus boats that will do over 100.

oh...ok I get it. you meant NASCAR racers.... I thought you meant boat racers.

OK--who has the boats that go that fast?

GEO :confused:

grass_cuttin_fool
02-09-2006, 12:19 PM
oh...ok I get it. you meant NASCAR racers.... I thought you meant boat racers.

OK--who has the boats that go that fast?

GEO :confused:
I dont know but its got to be a chevy engine in it, or a chevy driver, they are the only ones that know how to go fast

wayne

yardmanlee
02-09-2006, 02:03 PM
are ya'll gonna turn this thread into a chevy vs. ford vs. dodge ???
and most of the boats run chevy inboard engines cause the parts are
so cheap !!! J/k had to throw that in. back to the boat and fishin stuff

please !!!!

sheshovel
02-09-2006, 02:17 PM
WELL!I live just minutes away from a lake called Bass Lake so what does that tell ya huh?There is a tournamint every year but they fish for a bass that has been tagged with an amnt of money and if ya catch that bass ya win that amnt of $ it says on the tag .And if nobody catches the big one then if ya catch him after the thing is over no matter what time of year aznd turn him in..ya still win the money!Cool huh?There are some big huge Bass out there!And some word has it there is a catfish as big as a shark out there too!

yardmanlee
02-09-2006, 04:00 PM
yea, but thats too damn far for me to drag my boat across the country to fish
that lake !