PDA

View Full Version : Compact Skid Steers

J&R Landscaping
02-05-2006, 04:21 PM
I've been looking into possibly getting a compact skid steer nd can't decide if it will be a good investment.:confused: I'm thinking about either a Toro Dingo, Boxer, or ditch witch.
Does anyone have a machine like this and if so how do you like/hate it? Any recomendations would be great!

Thanks in Advance!!:waving:

YardPro
02-05-2006, 04:40 PM
lol

do a search

there is tons of info here.. i have the dingo, and have demo'd all but the vermeer line... lots of posts here on this subject

J&R Landscaping
02-05-2006, 10:28 PM
Yard pro,
I have talked some local lco's and a few dealers and they all say the gas machines won't dig much. How does your machine do at digging posts for fences and moving loose material and snow? Do you have a problem with it bogging down? That is a big concern!
Thanks

Vermeer
02-06-2006, 10:35 PM
J&R,

If you are looking to use alot of hydraulic attachments that require alot of flow such as a trencher, auger or plow a diesel would be the best choice for the extra torque it provides. If you are loading or using the machine as a material handler, the gas may be the better choice for the money. As Yard Pro mentioned make sure you demonstrate them all there are many differences between the brands spec sheets do not mention.

Jon

Jon