PDA

View Full Version : This may be the last of my "big boy skid steer/ctl shopping" threads.

Stroker
02-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Spent about 3 hours on a CAT 287 yesterday making a make shift motocross track for some friends. I was very impressed with pretty much everything about how the machine operated.

This leaves pretty much the only machine in consideration that I haven't tried yet being the ASV... As anybody who may have read some of my other threads may know I have some simple yet strict criteria.

1)Machine must have atleast 60+ hydraulic horsepower from the high flow as I will be using it with a Loftness/Fecon type brush and tree cutter..

2)I am 6'4 330+.. Comfort in the machine along with entrance and egress ease are very important. I have a belly ofcourse, but shoulder and ESPECIALY leg room are VERY important.

Unless anybody thinks the cab on the ASV is more comftorable for a bigger operator than the CAT, I may start trying to work up a deal for a 287 this week.....

.... I sigh again thinking that if only Takeuchi had a high flow unit we would not even be having this discussion.

ksss
02-07-2006, 10:36 PM
It looks like it is 18K to high flow a TL150 plus whatever it costs to aquirre the 150.

Stroker
02-07-2006, 11:54 PM
It looks like it is 18K to high flow a TL150 plus whatever it costs to aquirre the 150.

Yeah, if you had been here you could have heard the sound of my heart breaking when the Supertrak rep broke that news to me...

treadlite
02-08-2006, 12:25 AM
I'm 6'6", about the same weight as you and find the ASV cabs to be the best of the machines I've used. I don't have a lot of time in skidsteers, but I know what fits better!!

Stroker
02-08-2006, 12:36 AM
I'm 6'6", about the same weight as you and find the ASV cabs to be the best of the machines I've used. I don't have a lot of time in skidsteers, but I know what fits better!!

A brother in bigness!!!!! :drinkup: :)

I havent signed anything on the Cat yet. Based on your reccomendation I may go look at the ASV this week...

treadlite
02-08-2006, 12:46 AM
the ASV's are definately worth a look... I was looking for a small machine to compliment my mini-x, and I couldn't hardly get into a new holland or bobcat machine... the foot pedals take up all the leg room!! Pilot controls and lots of footroom are the way to go...:drinkup:

Power Crater
02-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Give CCS equipment a call over in Youngsville North Carolina and ask him if he has a Gehl CTL80 with high flow. This is the exact same loader as the Takeuchi TL150. His number is 919-556-9110. Or check out www.gehl.com for more info. the high flow option should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 2K not 18K.

Stroker
02-09-2006, 03:17 PM
Give CCS equipment a call over in Youngsville North Carolina and ask him if he has a Gehl CTL80 with high flow. This is the exact same loader as the Takeuchi TL150. His number is 919-556-9110. Or check out www.gehl.com for more info. the high flow option should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 2K not 18K.
The reason why its 18k from supertrak to high flow a TL150 is because Takeuchi doesn't make a high flow. Seeing as Takeuchi also makes the Gehl CTL80, thats not gonna have a high flow either....

Power Crater
02-10-2006, 11:58 AM
My cousin is a salesman for at a Gehl/Deere dealership he has sold (3) of these high flow units in 2005. He say's they became available in December of 2004. He also said that the CTL 80 high flow rate is 39GPM. I speculate that Gehl put alot of heat on Tackeuchi to make this option since such a large percentage of Gehl skid steers are sold with the high flow option. The Gehl7810 has a larger cab than the CAT and rates 40GPM with the high flow. I'm sure the ASV would be good to and very well respected with the brush cutters. I don't understand why everyone gets so hung up on the CAT. Mitsubuishi engines, Rexroth tandem pumps, rexroth drive motors, rexroth gear pumps, Husco main valves. All decent stuff, don't get me wrong, but people get so hung up on it because all this stuff is indivdually stamped with the CAT logo and the prices get passed on to us customers.

Stroker
02-10-2006, 06:20 PM
My cousin is a salesman for at a Gehl/Deere dealership he has sold (3) of these high flow units in 2005. He say's they became available in December of 2004. He also said that the CTL 80 high flow rate is 39GPM. I speculate that Gehl put alot of heat on Tackeuchi to make this option since such a large percentage of Gehl skid steers are sold with the high flow option. The Gehl7810 has a larger cab than the CAT and rates 40GPM with the high flow. I'm sure the ASV would be good to and very well respected with the brush cutters. I don't understand why everyone gets so hung up on the CAT. Mitsubuishi engines, Rexroth tandem pumps, rexroth drive motors, rexroth gear pumps, Husco main valves. All decent stuff, don't get me wrong, but people get so hung up on it because all this stuff is indivdually stamped with the CAT logo and the prices get passed on to us customers.

Your cousin may have sold some Gehl skid steers with high flow, but no Gehl compact track loaders. Gehl makes their own skid steers so no doubt they offer high flow. But as far as track loaders, they roll off the same assembly line as the Takeuchis. If the Takeuchi track loaders don't have high flow, neither will the Gehl...

YardPro
02-10-2006, 09:29 PM
i am 6'3 260 and agree that the asv has a nice roomy cab...

i have built several MX tracks, and done irrigation for several others... used to race MX and rode up your way for a long time ..
lost a few fights with gravety a few years back , and the $20K+ medical bills helped me figure out that i was too old for high flying....