PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Efficient Mowers

Coumbe
02-06-2006, 12:20 AM
What Is The Most Fuel Efficient Wb 48" Mower? I Assume It Would Be The Lightest???

Travis Followell
02-06-2006, 01:14 PM
What Is The Most Fuel Efficient Wb 48" Mower? I Assume It Would Be The Lightest???
Their all about the same because they all use the same engines. The one with the best designed deck for your mowing conditions would probibly be your best bet for fuel efficiency.

lawnmaniac883
02-06-2006, 03:33 PM
Fuel efficiency cant really be compared on wb's. They really are all within the same range which is very efficient. Now on ZTR's, with options like EFI, DFI, and diesel the consumption varies GREATLY.

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
02-06-2006, 03:33 PM
A little preventative maintenance helps too. Things like properly adjusted carbs, new spark plugs, clean air filter, adjusted belts, oil changes, grease things that require grease, sharp/balanched mowing blades, etc will all help your mower be fuel efficient. Travis is right, most mower manufacturers use the same engines, they are just on different machines and set up differently.

Coumbe
02-06-2006, 10:45 PM
It Always Felt Like Scag Weighed A Lot More Than Othe Mowers. So I Thought That Might Make Them Less Efficient??????

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
02-06-2006, 11:01 PM
It Always Felt Like Scag Weighed A Lot More Than Othe Mowers. So I Thought That Might Make Them Less Efficient??????

The differences in weight would be so little that you would hardly even notice a difference. It has more to do with the above statements that I and others have made.

Coumbe
02-07-2006, 07:39 AM
Tahnks For The Info.

Coumbe
02-07-2006, 07:40 AM
Let Me Try Again.
Thanks For The Info.

Coumbe
02-07-2006, 07:49 AM
I Have A 48"tiger Cub And Love It. Over 1100 Hours On It And It Has Only Had Regular Maintenance(oil, 2 Belts, Ect..) I Am Now In Need Of A 48" Wb, Scag Only Has Pistol Grips From What I Have Heard The T Bar Sounds Great. It Also Sounds Like A Darn Good Mower That You Can Log A Lot Of Hours On. The Scag Dealer Is A Bit Closer But I Rarely Have To Go There Because Of Scags Quality And I Buy Filters 10 At A Time.

So My Question Is Should I Stick With Scags Pistol Grips Or Go With The Toro T Bar?